2003 DIsco 4.6 Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jeremy

My disco have 70000 miles on it, about 12000 miles ago I switched to a synthetic oil (gastrol 5w30), about 1000 miles ago I started to hear a noise coming from the engine it sound li the valves were making noise I check the oil and it was a little low so a pour some on, after a week the noise came back. I check the oil again but the level was fine, I talk to a friend and he told me to go back to regular oil that the synthetic could damage the lifters and that was probably my problem, yesterday I change the oil back to regular (gastrol 10w30) the noise got a little bit better but is still there. Some body sugest that i should change the oil in about two weeks to a 10w40. I am worry that the winter is comming and I dont know if 10w40 is ok.\Any body have a suggestion of what should I do to take care of the noise. Thanks.
Jeremy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut