2003 HSE pricing/problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

PlayDrv4Me

Can someone give me a rundown of some of the basic and common problems experienced with the 2003 Range Rover? Im looking at getting one toward 2006 when prices should be a few thou below the magical 40k mark. Ive already found a few around that price, but they still have north of 70k miles. I definitely want one with 45-55k miles. Depreciation of these vehicles is definitely ones friend here.

Realizing that the thing is basically a british built BMW for all practical purposes, Im expecting the main problem to be the air suspension system, as I know from previously owning a 740iL, the V8 is pretty bulletproof, if a little underpowered. Its also a little disappointing such a high end vehicle still relies on an antiquated CD based navigation system, but overall I know this is the truck I want and have wanted since it came out.

Any insight is appreciated.

TIA,
Ian.

Z

zarnd

the air suspension system on the new range rover is rock solid. the only components that the range rover shares with BMW, other than the engine although that has now been replaced with a Jaguar V8, is the exhaust system. it is exactly the same as the 7 series.

have never ever heard of a range rover with air suspension problems. the only problems they did have was that the steering column would have a mind of its own and would not retract when the engine was turned off, and it would go all they way to the bottom when it was turned on, although this has now been rectified since 2001 i believe.

should be pretty bomb prrof. the secondhand ones in the UK are going for around £25k at the dealers for around 15,000 miles on the clock.

cheers and good luck

Alex

P

PlayDrv4Me

Thanks, hoping to acquire one as soon as I am able to. May also lease one from a lease swapping site if theres an attractive offer.

P

PlayDrv4Me

I did find this blurb on Edmunds about the Range Rover and X5...

...For consumers who want to tap into the Range Rover mystique, the key part of this history will be that bit about the BMW design and engineering. They may be thinking that this will increase their chances of getting a solid product, and in this they are correct. The new Range Rover is very much a BMW, especially from the waist down, where it shares a great many components with the highly popular X5.

Seems it does have quite a bit in common with its BMW sibling.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut