2005 Land Rover lr3 4.4 goes into limp mode when coasting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle Imes

Reaction score
hi all, i bought a land rover a couple months ago and it needed head gaskets. it has 162,000 miles on it with the 4.4 engine. I tore the engine apart and replaced the head gaskets along with the secondary chain tensioner. after getting it all back together it threw a cam out of correlation code so i took it all back apart and re-timed the whole thing. after putting it back together the second time it ran great after I connected the maf sensor and changed the egr. now it runs great but only when under load, i can go uphill or let it idle in the driveway for hours with no change, but when i star coasting downhill it seems to go into limp mode and has no throttle response. i can push the pedal to the floor and it will shift down but nothing from the engine. it throws three codes when this happens, im not sure of the p0 code but it says "internal torque calculation performance" twice and a third code says forced engine shutdown. i am absolutely losing my mind trying to figure this out and nothing has worked so far. i added transmission fluid and changed the cam sensors but at this point im just stuck. any help would be greatly appreciated.

kappicz

Reaction score
Hello Kyle,
I have exactly the same problem with 4.4 engine. Mine engine was completely rebuild after burnt engine head. After that every time I'm coasting downhill exactly the same issue occurring. I changed almost everything - sparks, MAF, throttle body, catalysts... Nothing solved this and nobody knows what to do next.
Do you find solution? Is it possible that it is not perfectly timed?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA