2006 LR3 Rear Hub Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sonicpix

Reaction score
2006 LR3 HSE with 260k km. My mechanic doesn't like working on this vehicle. Yesterday I asked him to look the vehicle over before a road trip to James Bay. He thought the front bearings might be going and advised to go to a mechanic that works on bearings for European cars. I decided to look for myself. The fronts seem solid, but the backs have a lot of play. Front assemblies are easy to find, but backs are not. Atlantic British sells the bearings and hubs separately. The fronts look really easy to replace, but I am thinking the backs may require a press for the bearings. Is that correct? Thanks in advance.

Two bears

Reaction score
Watch U tube on replacement of rear hubs fronts are a no brainer, i did mone in driveway David in Dallas Oregon ( once tge state Capital of the ***)

sonicpix

Reaction score
Watch U tube on replacement of rear hubs fronts are a no brainer, i did mone in driveway David in Dallas Oregon ( once tge state Capital of the ***)
thanks. after posting i found a video from powerfuluk. looks a bit tricky but I think I can pull it off. Was a shame I didn't get to this sooner. I took a road trip to the farthest northern road on the east coast I can drive to. Had to take the Lincoln instead. Not as much room for boondocking in.

Last edited:

sonicpix

Reaction score
My first point in the repair was to replace the lugs. Many were rounded and almost all were swollen. I used a nut remover for most, but one wouldn't release. After removing the chrome and getting to the harndened steel nut, i snapped it off. Now I am drilling the remainder out. So it looks like a hub replacement is required over a bearing replacement. Would like to know your thoughts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA