2007 Range Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joe bolesta

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Range Rover. It has an intermittant problem. Sometimes, the starter won't turn over. I have one of those emergency power packs for jump starting, which when used, will then start the car.. Also, can jump start it with another car battery. The battery in the car checks out as ok. Do I have a problem in the ignition mechanism, or
in the starter itself? A freind of mine told me that sometimes there is a dead spot on the starter armature, and it will turn when more voltage is applied. Any suggestions out there? Thanks, Joe

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
How does your battery check out? Voltage or Amperage? Sounds like a bad battery to me.

fireangel1313

Reaction score
Have a 2013 LR4 (94000 miles) and I was experiencing similar issues. Had to have it jumped twice. I will admit that both times it had sat for a little bit without the truck running, but it wasn’t that long. I also had the alternator and battery checked out and they said it was good. I don’t know anything about your year model, but what I needed was a new battery. I originally had a standard battery and this time I bought an AGM. Was about $30 more. So far so good but I also leave it running now if I’m listening to the radio or something.
I would suggest replacing the battery and go from there. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV