2007 to 2009 Range Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillman99

Reaction score
Heard these were good years. Trying to find one (supercharged) with around 100,000 miles. I was told to stay away from the 2010+ due to timing chain issue (which is a HUGE bill). Can anyone confirm that 07-09 are good years...and should I really stay away from 2010's? What year did they fix the timing chain issue?

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007-2009 engines in the LR3's and Range Rovers have proven themselves to be very solid years, many do consider them the be the "best" years in terms of total engine reliability, but it's always a debate topic...
The 2010+ timing chain issue was "resolved" late in the 2012 production year, but I am not sure if any of the Range Rovers ever received that update because of the 2013 change in platforms. The LR4's and Range Rover Sports received the update near the very end of 2012, the 2013's in those two are considered the most safe from timing chain issues.

Attached are the VIN number ranges if you ever want to know if a 2012 has the updated timing chains or not.

Attachments

• LTB00474NAS3 - Engine Rattle Timing Chain Tensioner TSB.pdf
    124.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Jamesdiego0011

Reaction score
2007-2009 engines in the LR3's and Range Rovers have proven themselves to be very solid years, many do consider them the be the "best" years in terms of total engine reliability, but it's always a debate topic...
The 2010+ timing chain issue was "resolved" late in the 2012 production year, but I am not sure if any of the Range Rovers ever received that update because of the 2013 change in platforms. The LR4's and Range Rover Sports received the update near the very end of 2012, the 2013's in those two are considered the most safe from timing chain issues.

Attached are the VIN number ranges if you ever want to know if a 2012 has the updated timing chains or not.
Can't see attachment why? I'm signed up to this site

Sheila

Reaction score
cannot see attachment, I too am signed up for this site, says error cannot log in.

Actually just got the file, but there are only 3 VIN numbers listed. Does that mean the 2012's, which is the year of my RR Sport never received that update?

Thank you for any response

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The attachment is a downloadable PDF and there are 3 VIN Ranges, if you VIN falls into the range you could have gotten it fixed under warranty as it is a TSB not a recall.

sb53

Reaction score
I've owned a 2007 RR HSE now for 2 1/2 years and have had 0 issues with the engine. Very solid, starts right up in below zero or 110 degree weather. Has never missed or had a fault. I now have 84000 on it, and bought it with 68000. I love it!! I think it might have some to do with prior ownership taking care of it however. Some have been neglected and I would study the service records to make sure it's been properly cared for. Good luck. P.S. I still get compliments on my truck all the time. They are beautiful!

marcnephtali

Reaction score
I've been owning a 2007 HSE full size, bought a year ago at 106,000 and everyone said I was nutes. it is now 112,000 and no issue so far aside from the rear camera that stopped working. Otherwise reliable and beautiful car, rugged look, super heavy doors, love it

phillman98

Reaction score
The attachment is a downloadable PDF and there are 3 VIN Ranges, if you VIN falls into the range you could have gotten it fixed under warranty as it is a TSB not a recall.

just to clarify … if the truck vin falls in the range then a) the timing chain is good b) the owner may have had it fixed since it was a TSB c) stay away from the truck if the VIN is in the range? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut