2008 3.2 Replacing Power Steering Pump. Pls Check Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo_Boss

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 2008 Volvo XC90 with 3.2 engine same as the one in the LR2. It has 89,000 KMS

Yesterday just at half mile from my home the steering got super heavier and there was a screaming wheezing sound. I immediately turn off the AC and drive slowly to my house.

Thank GOD this happened late at night and there was no traffic so I will say I drive this way less than 10 minutes and only when I steer was the screaming noise.

So today I check under the hood. Open the power steering fluid reservoir and it full. Start the engine and its look like the power steering pump pulley lock/stuck itself momentary when it has to make force to steer.

So I am pretty sure the power steering pump is *****. I will order an aftermarket one.

Also I see the serpentine belt got some damage because of the friction with the power steering pulley problem. I also can see in some places rubber parts of the belt so its look like I also will need to order the belt too. I will order a Continental Contitech Brand.

BTW, I will also order the O Ring kit to repair the Power Brake Booster Vacuum Pump since is leaking oil.

I have wrenched my cars before and could use a hand. Please check the video and I will really appreciated your comments or any advice on other parts you advise me to order.

Thx for your help and time

Isaac

Procore

Reaction score
I replace the steering pump and the water pump several times on these cars and I was suggest that you replace the water pump while you have it apart the best way is just to use a a long screwdriver they even sell serpentine belt or Idler pulley tensioner to take the belt off that’s what I used to do you take the tension off the pulley and the belt so I could remove everything easily without having to remove the AC unit and all that silly stuff made a lot more simple would definitely replace the water pump are you there cause it’s a pain in the butt

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slack