2008 L322 SC code C1130 and C1A00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm_prindle

Reaction score
I searched, didn't find anything like this issue. I recently had the front air springs replaced and while it was apart, we opted to replace the front ride height sensors. It seemed ok for a few days but then I got the "Suspension Fault" error. I pulled codes and get the generic C1130 and C1A00.

What I've noticed is when I'm driving and come to a stoplight, the front driver side lowers. It is as if the system is putting too much air pressure in that spring and when I stop the truck it releases the excess air to get back to normal height. When I look at the 4x4i view it is showing the truck at normal height at all times.

Any ideas? Nothing is sagging & nothing seems to be leaking.

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like your front valve block may have an issue, you can spray soapy water on the airline fittings and the block valve to check for leaks. Does you Range Rover hold air all night?

jm_prindle

Reaction score
It sounds like your front valve block may have an issue, you can spray soapy water on the airline fittings and the block valve to check for leaks. Does you Range Rover hold air all night?

Yes, it holds air all night, no sagging or leaking. It just seems to over-inflate the front driver spring.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you replaced the sensor, was it recalibrated?

jm_prindle

Reaction score
Interesting thought! One of the new air springs failed after a few weeks and this behavior started after the replacement air spring was installed. I'll check that, thanks!

jm_prindle

Reaction score
Thought I'd leave an update...

It is 2023, my Rover is a 2008 and has had some codes that relate to various electronic systems not always communicating. For example it gives a code about not communicating with the instrument cluster but it has always worked. We have decided to just go with it since the codes don't seem to impact the use of the car.

When the truck went back to the shop for calibration we realized there were other electrical gremlins. I was tired of trouble shooting the air suspension so I purchased the coil spring kit from Atlantic British. My first impression after 20-30 miles is I can't tell a difference (In a good way)! It rides very well and most important to me is I won't have more air suspension down time in the shop.

I'm really happy I did the conversion!! Cheers!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA