2008 Landrover Lr2 Alternator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pcm35

Reaction score
Hi IM hoping for some actual help from someone -

My landrover LR2 died on the highway a week ago it had hdc fault --- everything shut down -- battery was gone replaced the battery and it started right up but realized it wasnt charging ( tested the battery with a multimeter) ---took it somewhere and they said my alternator needed replacing after buying an alternator and looking at the replacement and trying to figure out why they needed special tools to take the old one out i started up my truck and noticed that when my truck was running the alternator pulley wasnt even spinning
am i right that if the alternator was bad it would still be spinning right? just not making power
so now im thinking its something else completely because its not even engaging ---
can someone please tell me how or what would be the problem if the alternator isnt even engaging and also ----

more info -while its running if i take a pole and stick in there and start to spin it it starts to spin alittle makes a noise and stops ... thanks for any help"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut