1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 LR3, HSE

Discussion in 'Selling!' started by whydahdvr, Mar 23, 2020.

1. whydahdvr

whydahdvr Full Access Member

I'm debating selling my 2008 LR3 HSE and am wondering what price is realistic to consider.
    It's in good shape, 145k miles, Nokian WR2 tires with low miles.
    Leather, heated seats, front/rear A/C, sound rubber floor mats, premium sound stereo, sunroof/moon roof, etc. The full HSE package.
    It has there Rhino after-market hitch receiver.
    IID tool
    19" rims and a set of 18" rims with a full-size spare tire
    Roof rails and cross bars
    WARN 12500# winch in hidden mount
    Brush bar (needs some rust repair work) and extra OEM driving lights
    Some minor scratches from parking lot car doors but no off-roading damage as it hasn't been used for off-roading
    Air suspension replaced, new front/rear diffs done under manufacturers warranty, etc., etc.

I got a new truck last year and with limited space in my driveway am debating about letting the family use if at the family Summer house or selling it. It has been a great LR3 and I've done my best to get maintenance and repairs done before they're needed - mindset of proactive maintenance and repairs to offset future costs.
    Now, though, I need a truck to haul more equipment and "stuff" for the family.

Thanks for the help.

2. ktm525

ktm525 Full Access Member

Winch but no off roading? What colour sir?

3. whydahdvr

Living here in the Boston area there are very few places to do any off-roading. And my work schedule since I added that has been crazy with my two jobs. I'm more into Overlanding and camping than rock crawling anyway....
    It's Buckingham Blue. Tan leather seats and carpets all in good condition, no major wear (only on the driver's seat where you enter is there some wear).

4. ktm525

ktm525 Full Access Member

Nice colour combo. All HSEs had the third row option in 2008 ? It would be a good summer house vehicle.

5. whydahdvr

Yes to both.

6. bbyer

bbyer Full Access Member

2008, that is the good 3; they finally got everything right by then so of course, was time for the LR4 and to start over again.

I figure the price of a 3 is some percentage of the current market price of a Chev Tahoe.

As to if it is 50% or more, that is a good question.