2008 LR3 overheating -coolant not circulating

Discussion in 'LR3' started by Matt-LR3, Oct 12, 2018 at 2:27 AM.

1. Matt-LR3

Matt-LR3 New Member

2008 LR3 185,000 miles
    Coolant not circulating causing engine to overheat. I replaced the water pump (looked fine), replaced thermostat (which was shot) but did not fix problem. The heat is not working so I’m guessing a clogged line to the heating core? Any suggestions?
    There is now some steam coming from throttle body and the coolant bubbles back into the reservoir once I shut it down and open the bleeder.

2. Geoff Kirkpatrick

Geoff Kirkpatrick New Member

Hello Matt, i recently replace the coolant system on my 06 RRS. when i got it all back together it would over heat and no interior heat. took it all back apart and reinstalled and still no heat. after squeezing the heater core inlet pipes and adding pressure to the system did everything begin to work normal. the fluid used in these rigs seems to coagulate in the system causing temporary blockage.
    have faith in your machine and be patient is what i've learned, good luck.

3. Matt-LR3

Matt-LR3 New Member

Thanks, I’m attempting to flush the system this weekend, I figure it has to be a blockage in a line or the radiator. I’ve replsced a couple lines that were in poor condition already, but still searching. I’m confident I will figure it out. This is my 2nd LR3 and we bought a 2011 sport last year. As they say I’d rather be pushing my Rover than driving your Jeep!

4. Matt-LR3

Matt-LR3 New Member

So looks like it was a clogged heater core. I flushed the radiator and it seemed to flow fine so I flushed the heater core and out came pieces of the old thermostat!! After filling up the system and bleeding the air out it seems to be running well!!

I knew the heat wasn’t working but I didn’t think it would cause the entire cooling system to fail...