2010-2013 LR4 with "Facelift" grille - photos?

Discussion in 'LR4' started by hatch, Aug 2, 2018.

1. hatch

hatch Member

Has anyone purchased and installed the 2014+ "Facelift" style grille (e.g. https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles...oks-like-d4-facelift-black-chrome-silver.html) for their LR4?

I'm referring to a grille-only upgrade, not grille + headlight + spacer upgrade kit.

If so, can you post photos? I can't seem to find any examples of the 2010-2013 style headlights with the "Facelift" grille installed, even from those who sell it, oddly enough.

Thanks in advance.

2. hatch

hatch Member

Actually, for other's reference, here's a sample I found on the powerfuluk ebay page for this product. Would like to see it with the chrome + silver, but at least this gives me some idea. Still not sure how much of a difference this is going to make on a black LR4.

LR4G774-Blk_b-600x600.jpg

3. catman

catman Full Access Member

That photo is just a standard D4 grille, not the 2014+ facelist grille, which is more rounded at the corners.

SafariDave has it on his 05 LR3. If you send him a message he can probably send you a larger photo than his Avatar one.

Here is a video of an LR3 with it as well. (Note Powerfuluk has updated the part for better fitment since this video came out).

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  4. hatch

hatch Member

You're absolutely right. I don't know how I didn't realize that was just the black/black normal 2013-style grille.

Here, however, is a picture from powerfuluk of the 2014+ style "Facelift" grille on a 2013 w/ <2013 style headlights. Unfortunately it's grey on green, so it's really not all that helpful.

The reason for my picture searching is that the <2013 black LR4/Disco 4 grilles look a lot more like the 2014+ style simply due to being black, so I'm trying to get a good feel for whether the "Facelift" style grille (on a black <2013 LR4) is going to produce that much of a difference.

DISCO4 facelift grille for D4 grey silver black LR4G497.JPG

5. hatch

hatch Member

It's striking how much better the "facelift" grille and headlights look. Walked by a blue 2014+ today and it was like a punch in the stomach. If only the replacement headlights came cheaper. The grille swap will have to do. :)

6. Tomsquad419

Tomsquad419 Active Member

Ive done the 2014+ facelift - however, I went with the grill, headlights, and bumper. Full swap. Let me know if you'd like pictures.

DugLR4 likes this.
  7. Tomsquad419

Tomsquad419 Active Member

What are you speaking of as a spacer kit / upgrade?

8. ryanjl

ryanjl Full Access Member

9. Daniele Gardellin

Daniele Gardellin Member

my "old" D4

[​IMG]

10. JustinWK

JustinWK New Member

I'm interested in doing this myself. I've gotten the headlights so far, but having a hard time finding a body shop willing to paint and install the bumper, since it's not true to the VIN. May just buy a pre-painted bumper, since my LR4 has low miles and relatively no fading of the black paint.

Any suggestions or tips, or is it pretty straight forward? Just buy the 2014 + bumper cover, grill, headlights, and install?