2010 HSE LUX Range Rover Stereo Issue and Front Dash Board Speaker catching fire issue!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelpotz

Reaction score
Hey Guys - ANY SUGGESTIONS HERE

Just purchased the 2010 HSE LUX Range Rover from my best friend who has properly serviced this vehicle since he bought it new. I have all the records.

Here is the STEREO Problem...

Everything worked perfectly for the first 30 days (5 months ago when I purchased it). Day 31 I had to replace the ECU (back left compartment) that corresponds with the KEY FOB - along with getting a new key FOB. A local certified mechanic shop here in Phoenix did all the work.

Day 60 - the radio itself stops working - the touch screen / navigation screen all worked except the radio (not satellite) - the 10 or 12 station screen (sometimes appears) but it won't let you program a local station - the screen becomes frozen....

Day 61 - from the back seat entertainment there is a AUX 32m plugin that I used to plug my phone in and listen to music that way....

Day 61.5 - reviewing the forums - it led me to look at my blue tooth component in the left rear compartment - however the blue tooth works alright....

DAY 150 - I got some music on a USB Stick and drove to Mexico (about a 4-hour drive) with the USB only being played the final hour of the drive. A burning electrical smell began coming from the dash. Pulled over and the dashboard speaker began smoking! Basically, about to catch fire! I quickly pulled the fuses 64/67/68 of the stereo which stopped the front Navigation / Home Screen / Radio components from now working or illuminating.

Day 152 - just got back from Mexico and placed the fuses back into the fuse panel and within 3 minutes the electrical burn smell began (something burning up - like wires have crossed) I immediately removed the 3 fuses and back to (I guess) lower level of normal - the Range Rover won't catch fire....

History & Questions

I did on day 61.5 inspect the fiber optic lines that clip into the blue tooth component - plugged back in with the blue tooth working....

Other than that - there was no wires clipped, reconnected, rerouted etc. Everything was working fine until Day 60....

What could possibly cause the wires / front dashboard speaker to overheat?

Any suggestions of getting the radio working?

Software Update?

This problem can't be singular - it most likley happened to someone out there - I am sure it is a rare issue - however ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT!

Thank you All

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
All I can say, I am sorry to hear of this issue and glad you are okay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV