2010 Range Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bobby F

Reaction score
Need some advice. We have a 2010 Range Rover HSE, 140,000 miles by wife. Car in excellent condition so we kept it when we bought a 2021 HSE and thought we would give it to our daughter as they did not offer much on trade. Just put new brakes and a couple of cv axles on and had it detailed. Looked new but had 'air suspension not in customer mode' warning light illuminated. Still drove fine. Then daughter's first trip in the 'new' car the transmission fails.

At 140,000 miles are we done?

Thanks for your time and advice.
Bobby

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would check the battery. Just to make sure you don't have a battery going dead. But if the transmission completely failed I am sorry to hear that.

Reaction score
What does ‘transmission fail’ mean to you? If the fluid has been maintained thats a little early. Mine wasn’t downshifting properly, went into failure mode. Switched solenoid valves & rubber seals between transmission shift control unit and main body, swapped fluid, filter, updated the software and seems fine now. Did the work myself, did not have to remove the transmission to do so. Can’t recall, maybe $450 for solenoids & seals, fluid filter and metal pan upgrade more. Always a crapshoot to keep or ditch a vehicle like that. Parents prefer daughters in reliable cars.

portlandlife

Reaction score
That is a bummer for you and your daughter. I have a '10 HSE too so I'm curious also what "transmission fail" means. Was the transmission ever serviced in the 140k miles? I know the solenoids can leak and can create havoc for the transmission. Hoping it's not done.

Jon_M

Reaction score
I've got a 2010 RR HSE that started having transmission faults in the fall w/120k miles.

The problem I had was wear on internal transmission bushings that caused pressure loss.

Sonax makes a bushing kit but you have to pull the transmission and disassemble - https://www.sonnax.com/parts/4569-bushing-kit

Regards,
Jon

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut