2010 vs. 2015 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lowndes

Reaction score
What are the main cosmetic differences between the 2010 and 2015/2016 LR4? I like the way the later models look better but can't pinpoint what the exact differences are other than running boards seem standard.

Thanks

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Mirrors are upgraded with LED turn signals. Turn signal on 2010-2013 are like the Lr3’s, on the side of the body.

2) Front bumper has a different, newer style. Fog light shape/location.

3) Headlamps are much different. Different shape and style of lighting.

4) Grill is different shape to accommodate updated headlamps.

5) Rear taillamps are slightly different in color and LED pattern.

6) Interior bezels, trim, seats, etc all different.

7) TRS is no longer a “knob”; 2014+ are all buttons.

8) No more shift lever. Updated to the Range Rover standard of having a swivel circular shaped knob to select gear.

I’m sure there is much more to add, but those are some of the few I can think of off my head. Then of course you get an underpowered v6 motor.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nav screen and dash info screen are upgraded as well. The headlights turn with the steering wheel on 14+ models beyond the updated look.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 has adaptive headlights (ie. turning with the wheel). I believe all LR4s with the vision pack has this. My 2006 LR3 had adaptive lighting too.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you asked for cosmetic differences, and not mechanical / functional differences...

In addition to the above, headlight washers now are mounted from under the bumper and sit flush with the bumper rather than a "pod" mounted on top. Since I have been back to the dealer twice (and need a third) to fix "sinking" washer nozzles , I chalk this up to a poor design and execution.

mks_95

Reaction score
Pardon me for asking.

Is this a regular purchase question between which one to go for. And if so are you more interested in the off road capability to go with mods to it.

Christayza

Reaction score
8 forward gears in the 2015 vs 6 in the 2010. My understanding is that the early Disco 4 motors also suffer from bearing spin which snaps the crankshaft. Better buy a 2013+ model

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More misinformation. LR4 refers to North America and the diesels were not offered. The sole power plant 5.0L gasoline does not suffer from bearing spin.

2014+ had the V6 Supercharged which is the 5.0L with two cylinders lopped off. The extra gears in the V6 could not overcome the drop in power from the V8. This is why the V8 LR4s are more desirable.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you asked for cosmetic differences, and not mechanical / functional differences...

In addition to the above, headlight washers now are mounted from under the bumper and sit flush with the bumper rather than a "pod" mounted on top. Since I have been back to the dealer twice (and need a third) to fix "sinking" washer nozzles , I chalk this up to a poor design and execution.

Had the issue on our 2015. Here is how to fix it. Mix up some two stage epoxy and put it on the contact points where the old adhesive use to be. use a stick or screw driver or whatever to hold it in place until the two stage epoxy sets. It will never come off.

I did this on one side and instructed the dealer on how to do it when the other one feel through. The dealer followed my instructions. That was over a year ago. No issues. You can push on it with a decent amount of pressure and no issues.

have your dealer get some at HD or wherever.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA