2011 lr4 hd radio problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blkrover1111

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a problem with the radio any help would be great the problem is that when I go on to the radio settings there is an option to turn the HD radio on and off mine is stuck on off when i press on it won't change i tried the following did a hard reset with the battery that did not work went in the control module with the iid tool and checked no faults and it shows that it is is equipped anyone knows what the problem hight be

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possible you do not have the HD radio module fitted.
I get incorrect fitted/not fitted errors on a few different modules when the CCF is pulled.

ZR1Gerhardt

Reaction score
I had to use my IID tool to log into the computer and tell it that I had an HD radio. After that, it always worked. You might have to have LR log in and change it. They might charge and arm and a leg just to do that though!

Scott

LR4HD

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have a 2011 LR4. My HD radio worked until a few months ago. I was driving and the HD radio just stopped working. When I go to the settings menu I'm unable to turn it on; it is stuck in the "off" position and when I press "on" it stays in "off" position. I tried the hard reset by disconnecting the battery but that did not work.

I'd appreciate any help with this problem too. If you find a solution BLKrover1111, please let me know. I'll do same.

Last edited:

quirozson

Reaction score
Bump. I’m having the same problem with my 2011 LR4. A month ago I got it to turn on but it had pretty inconsistent reception. I’m thinking that there must be a loose antenna wire somewhere. Does anybody know where there are potential loose connections for an HD radio antenna? I live in Denver, and my Volvo gets excellent HD reception.

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My HD radio works great, it’s the satellite Sirius that drives me nuts, cuts in and out driving around town, I install an after market in my LR3 that works flawlessly. Is there a antenna upgrade for the LR4?

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My HD radio works great, it’s the satellite Sirius that drives me nuts, cuts in and out driving around town, I install an after market in my LR3 that works flawlessly. Is there a antenna upgrade for the LR4?

Do you have a roof rack? Some racks play hell with the sat reception

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, actually I do have a roof rack.

I'm curious which one.

I started with an Thule basket on mine, and that caused sat reception to cut out intermittently for years. Somewhat related to time of day, it seemed.

I replaced the Thule with a Prospeed, which has a cut-out for the antenna. No issues with sat reception since that change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72