2011 LR4 Trailer Reverse Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quirozson

Reaction score
Anyone know what I need to do to disable the reverse sensor when trailer is hooked up? Or bike rack for that matter? My dash doesn’t have an off button. I’m using an aftermarket wiring harness from Atlantic British.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought all LR4's had an off button? I know my 2012 does.

You can disable the sensors using the GAP tool, but it's a "permanent" disable, and you'd have to use the GAP tool to turn them back on again.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be aware if you disable via the GAP Tool you might also lose function on your backup camera.

Ran into that issue when I installed my TR rear bumper.

If anyone has figured out how to disable them but keep the camera active I would love to hear about it

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

quirozson

Reaction score
Called Land Rover Service department near me and they seemed surprised I didn't have a button on the dash. They thought no button meant no sensors. The volume is NOT adjustable through the stereo as others have stated in other posts on other forums. One tech thought the aftermarket wiring may be the issue, but the car is blinking the trailer symbol when I use turn signals while a trailer is attached. Maybe the land rover wiring has a sensor that mine doesn't?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So yours doesn't have the "P)))^" button to the right of the hazard-light button?

-Base-4dr-All-wheel-Drive-Interior-Stereo-Controls.jpg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird. Like your dealer, I had no idea you could have parking sensors and not have that button.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut