2011 RR HSE P0442

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Petravici

Reaction score
Hello

I have a 2011 HSE RR throwing a p0442 code & check fuel cap warning. Idle runs up and down slightly at 55-60 mph. Anyone ever had any trouble with this issue? Any help would certainly be appreciated

Respectfully,

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would replace the gas cap if you know that it was tightened correctly during the last fill up.

Reaction score
The first simple check is, of course, the fuel cap, which has already been mentioned, tried, and still didn't solve the problem. So you probably need to understand what's going on here.

This kind of message comes up when the ECM detects a pressure leak in your evaporative emission control system, called the EVAP system.

It's not a fault that will strand you, or disable your truck.

Unfortunately, troubleshooting this can be aggravating. You have to check all the hoses and gaskets in the EVAP system. I don't know the procedure off the top of my head.

HCF_CUSTOMS

Reaction score
Probably the evap recovery thing behind your gas fill neck. Remove the wheel well liner on that side. Order part from Atlantic British, replace. Fixed mine...I also replaced fuel cap for good measure. 2011 5.0 RR HSE with 97K

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA