2012 fault lights!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stephen munion

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Land Rover LR4 and I am completely frustrated w the unreliable pos!!!... I had all brakes and rotors replaced twice, brake switch, front end replaced, water pump replaced, and parking brake replaced at $1600!!! All w the dealership saying this could be what’s causing the fault lights to come on.

When I start the LR4 up in the morning after it’s been sitting for a while usually no fault lights... only after driving for a little while they come on !!! Truck lowers and drives like **** because it basically feels like you have no shocks when lowers.

Faults that come on are red brake light, Amber brake light , transmission fault , and HDC whatever!!!

This has been going on for 1 year and I swear no one knows *** is going on..

They are thinking maybe the computer needs to be replaced!!! But can’t make any promises!! It will probably cost close to $2000 to do

Has anyone had this problem?? Any help would be great! I’m losing my mind w this LR4

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Certainly the dealership has pulled codes during their diagnostic attempts. Have they shared these with you? It doesn't seem right that they would randomly replace parts if they weren't guided by some code-based diagnostic strategy.

Pulling and interpreting the codes is the first step.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Land Rover LR4 and I am completely frustrated w the unreliable pos!!!... I had all brakes and rotors replaced twice, brake switch, front end replaced, water pump replaced, and parking brake replaced at $1600!!! All w the dealership saying this could be what’s causing the fault lights to come on.

When I start the LR4 up in the morning after it’s been sitting for a while usually no fault lights... only after driving for a little while they come on !!! Truck lowers and drives like **** because it basically feels like you have no shocks when lowers.

Faults that come on are red brake light, Amber brake light , transmission fault , and HDC whatever!!!

This has been going on for 1 year and I swear no one knows *** is going on..

They are thinking maybe the computer needs to be replaced!!! But can’t make any promises!! It will probably cost close to $2000 to do

Has anyone had this problem?? Any help would be great! I’m losing my mind w this LR4

As others have stated, ask your dealer for the error codes they've been pulling.

What do you mean the brakes and rotors have been replaced twice? Over what period of time?

What do you mean "front end" replaced?

Was your water pump leaking? That is a known problem on the 5.0 engine, but the part has been purportedly modified as to not leak anymore.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same initial question but then thought that he had to be referring only to the parking brake replacement. If not, I want to have a relationship with that dealer!

Same here, parts cost would be that much.

stephen munion

Reaction score
Sorry guys .... I wasn’t explaining 100%.... When I 1st brought LR4 in they pulled codes ... I brought to Autozone and they pulled many codes also right before I brought to dealer... the next day the dealer pulled up many codes also but were completely different than Autozone codes.... now this was last year... They thought it was the brakes and rotors , front and back.... Had them replaced! No luck fault light still on.... Next step was front end ... meaning the upper and lower control arms replaced.... still no luck... also changed the brake switch under brake pedal... still no luck!!!.... next thing to go was the water pump because it was leaking.... nothing to do w the fault light.... I the meantime dealership changed the brakes again thinking I had possibly bad new rotors installed the 1st time... no charge.... still no luck!!! Fault lights again after they clear.... And last was the parking brake failing making an unbelievable loud noise and locking up.... had that repaired by itself for $1600 !!! Ridiculous!!! And guess what!! Still these effing fault lights coming on and LR4 lowers and drives terrible.... seems these fault lights clear over night ... next morning starts up w no fault lights..... then after a small drive or after a couple of starts faults come back on..... Absolute nightmare and before I change the main computer at probably $2000 I want to make sure that this is the problem finally.... I will never buy another Land Rover/Range Rover again.... Sorry first time on this site and didn’t explain exactly what’s going on

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV