2012 RMS audio system output?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Does anyone know the RMS per channel output of the "newer" 2012 1200 Watt system? All I can find in the manual is 12x50watts rms for a total of 600...but that was the "older" 2010-2011 amplifier.

I've looked in both the 2010 workshop manual and the 2012+ workshop manual and this is all I can find:
Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 11.07.54 AM.png

but then it says:
Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 11.08.11 AM.png

Long story short, I'm going to be upgrading my system, but still using the factory amp....the speakers alone are costly enough. I want to make sure I properly size all the different speakers as the way the amp pushes them makes dropping speakers in a little tricky. aka, it's hard to find component systems that'll work when the woofer and hi/mid speakers are powered separately...and I don't want to overload one channel by driving all 3 speakers with one line, and the other line is disconnected.

Yes, I know it'd be easier to just get rid of the factory amp and go with some sort of mobridge system, but I can't really afford that right now, so I'm working with what I've got! (which is also a stretch as I'm simultaneously attempting to transplant the 2012 system into a 2010.....I'll let you know if it works.)

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than anything, if running off the of the factory amps the impedance will be the driving factor (no pun intended). I believe the factory amps are best with around a 2 ohm load. The best results I've read about on this forum use Focal speakers. But I'd be excited to see if something else works well.

Regardless, searching for "Focal" on here may give you some decent results.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than anything, if running off the of the factory amps the impedance will be the driving factor (no pun intended). I believe the factory amps are best with around a 2 ohm load. The best results I've read about on this forum use Focal speakers. But I'd be excited to see if something else works well.

Regardless, searching for "Focal" on here may give you some decent results.
Yeah, I'm leaning toward a Focal - Audio Frog mix. Basically, as the folks at Crutchfield told me, Audio Frog is just as good as Focal, just not quite as expensive.

The plan as it stands right now is:
Focal ES 100K - (4" component) for the mid/high in the front doors
Audio Frog GS60 - front door woofer
Audio Frog GS60S - Rear door woofer and tweeter
Audio Frog GS25 - Center dash and rear surrounds

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with the sub.

I did find these guys did a nice system install:

While I'm not going as crazy with signals and amps...I have kids and need all the extra space I can get...I like the fact that they upgraded the rear doors to both 3 speaker system as well.

I'm still just curious if the newer style amp puts out more than 50 watts rms per channel...although I have to believe, the system is significantly more "balanced" than just 50 watts equally across all the channels. I mean, 50 watts to the dash speaker and 50 watts to the door woofer would be completely different....in theory.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm leaning toward a Focal - Audio Frog mix. Basically, as the folks at Crutchfield told me, Audio Frog is just as good as Focal, just not quite as expensive.

The plan as it stands right now is:
Focal ES 100K - (4" component) for the mid/high in the front doors
Audio Frog GS60 - front door woofer
Audio Frog GS60S - Rear door woofer and tweeter
Audio Frog GS25 - Center dash and rear surrounds

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with the sub.

I did find these guys did a nice system install:

While I'm not going as crazy with signals and amps...I have kids and need all the extra space I can get...I like the fact that they upgraded the rear doors to both 3 speaker system as well.

I'm still just curious if the newer style amp puts out more than 50 watts rms per channel...although I have to believe, the system is significantly more "balanced" than just 50 watts equally across all the channels. I mean, 50 watts to the dash speaker and 50 watts to the door woofer would be completely different....in theory.

I suppose it largely depends on the sensitivity levels of the speakers. Woofers are typically more sensitive than tweeters, for example. But who knows.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA