2012 Stalling Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brizzity

Reaction score
8B9D0319-DBCE-4169-8ACB-9BA314F0DB77.jpeg
My truck has been in the shop twice now for this issue and it’s still not solved. Any thoughts?

The first instances of the issue...
I start the truck, let it settle down to idle rpm. No issue until it settles, it dies. Check engine and battery light illuminated. If it tried starting it again immediately without completely powering down the car, it’d just try to turn over without success. Id turn it completely off and restart and it start right up. This would happen like one out of 30 starts maybe.

Then, it expanded. In addition to doing that every once in a while, it began dying moments after taking off. I start it, it settles to idle rpm fine, I put it in gear, accelerate, within maybe 2 seconds it dies. Same dash lights lit up, lose power steering and breaks. I still have radio and AC I believe when this happens.

First time the shop had it, they changed a fuel relay. I don’t know exactly what, I didn’t get a copy of the receipt. Second time, the did attached. Now they seem to be at a loss and are investigating further.

Brizzity

Reaction score
I assume there’s supposed to be a link there besides a link to a Ford Focus part on EBay?

stl8grey

Reaction score
I had stalling issue or a "random shutting off issue". Mine would turn off upon acceleration, sometimes during a sharp turn or backing out of driveway. I did not get those two codes. I got a P0087. To keep it short, it was sensor LR015356. It is mounted on passenger side of transmission. The video states to replace this sensor first as it is the least expensive. I went backwards and replaced pumps,etc until I came upon that video. Now, I am not guaranteeing this will solve your issue as every Rover is unique. Lol. Most of these folks cured their "stall" with a tb cleaning or crank sensor.

stl8grey

Reaction score
Also, on Youtube, if you type in LR4 high pressure fuel pumps, it is the 1st video. It is an AUTOLOGIC video.

Brizzity

Reaction score
So, the latest visit to the shop still didn't resolve the issue. On this last visit, they replaced LR015356 as mentioned above.

On the first visit with the codes thrown that are shown in my initial post, they replaced Engine Fuel Control Module LR043385, on the next visit they replaced Fuel Injection Pressure Sensor LR044707.

Any other insight?

stl8grey

Reaction score
Well, certainly sorry to hear that. On my first few visits to dealer, high pressure pumps then low pressure pump were the suggestions. Swapped those and nada. Get a good scanner and start studying. It was not easy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV