2013 LR4 Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rover 4

Reaction score
I'm getting a slight Vibration while accelerating. seems to be drivers side front. more pronounced when i accelerate hard. Also not for the entire acceleration. none at first, then around 30mph, and lets up slightly then around 45mph, then its gone. if i accelerate slowly or normally, there is little or no vibration. And when i say vibration, its more sound than feel. I should have noted RPMs as well, but didn't. i'll check that next and update the post. Its not RPM specific though, just when i accelerate hard. Haven't experienced this at any other time. Any help would be greatly appreciated,,j

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Vibration can be a tire or wheel bearing or CV joint.

lr4jones

Reaction score
I have a 2012 LR4 and am experiencing a similar problem. A vibration in the front end starts at around 100 km/h, it progressively gets worst causing me to apply the brake to slow down or completely stop before it goes away. When I apply the brake the vibration feels worst, like the problem is related to the brakes but as I said once I reduce speed or stop so does the vibration. I have had all new brakes and rotors installed (front and rear), two wheel alignments done, a front bearing replaced and both front lower control arms replaced and the problem is still there. I am also experiencing premature wear of the front tires (feathering) that I feel is related to the issue. I recently took the vehicle to another garage to get a second opinion and they are saying the the front lower control are bushings and worn and this could be the cause. If this is the case it will be the second set of control arms installed in five years.....The vehicle has 112000km on it and my wife is the primary driver. It's used to take the kids to school, get groceries etc.... never abused or used off road and maintained by the LR dealership as per the maintenance schedule in the OEM manual. Is anyone else experiencing this same issue? I would appreciate any feedback before I go and replace the control arms again.....

Rover 4

Reaction score
I'm back on this issue again with my 2013. its just between 2700 and 2900 rpms, and seems to be just Driver's side. had lower bushings just done. Bearings checked (ok), alignment good, brakes/rotors good. I'm now thinking CV joint (thanks Joey) but LR won't repair under warranty unless its failed. Evidently abnormal vibration, which they acknowledge is not good enough reason to find out what is causing the issue. Ony more input or luck you've had with dealer would be appreciated.

2103 LR4 LUX
65k miles

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you check the wheel bearing on the Passenger side? I ask, because oddly most sounds or vibrations can transfer to the other side.

Rover 4

Reaction score
Dealer said they checked both sides, when they replaced the lower bushings. All of this within 400 miles of current mileage. I'm fairly certain its a wheel bearing, but i have an extended warranty, which i want to use from the dealer. Dealer says they can't do anything because its not broken.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If it were me I would take my vehicle to a local trust tire shop and ask them to check the tires. I am betting one has a problem. It would be worth the $20-$50 they might charge to check them. Tell them the issues your having and I bet they will find the issue.

Rover 4

Reaction score
rotated the tires, problem is consistent with pre tire rotation. That's what's leading me to believe bearing, or CV and a poor diag from dealer. Maybe the better question is does anyone know how much i can push with a dealer to get this resolved as there is clearly a vibration, the dealer did note they confirmed that, and that there should not be a vibration. the LR4 is under ext warranty, but they still won't replace the bearings or cv as they have not failed per the LR service writer based on the input from the LR tech that did the inspection.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rotated the tires, problem is consistent with pre tire rotation. That's what's leading me to believe bearing, or CV and a poor diag from dealer. Maybe the better question is does anyone know how much i can push with a dealer to get this resolved as there is clearly a vibration, the dealer did note they confirmed that, and that there should not be a vibration. the LR4 is under ext warranty, but they still won't replace the bearings or cv as they have not failed per the LR service writer based on the input from the LR tech that did the inspection.
Do you ever get resolution to this? If so, was it a wheel bearing?

Rover 4

Reaction score
no, also put a new set of Blizzak tires on last month and the problem is still there. LR refused to do anything until failure. i said that's fine, but at failure they would be paying for much more. documented conversation on my phone, including service writing admitting there was an issue. Makes absolutely no sense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV