2014 pre-wired for ACC? (Anyone remove their bumper)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a number of people on the disco3 forum have successfully retrofitted adaptive cruise control to their MY 2015 and 2016s... I'm wondering if this is possible on earlier models as well...

I'm curious if anyone with a 2014 has pulled off their bumper and, if so, if they have seen the connector for the sonar sensor in the middle of the crash bar ?

Thanks!

Last edited:

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure there is a fuse you can check as a secondary indication if the car is wired up for it.

I think it was 7 or 9? It's on the disco3 forums.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure there is a fuse you can check as a secondary indication if the car is wired up for it.

Yeah, I saw that. I'm just looking at a 2014 that is out of state, so kind of hard to check :)

Edit: But yeh, this is way easier than removing a bumper. Anyone with a 2014 mind opening your fusebox and looking for a fuse in position 7? I'm just wondering if they put the wiring in there for the 2014s.

Last edited:

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I saw that. I'm just looking at a 2014 that is out of state, so kind of hard to check :)

Edit: But yeh, this is way easier than removing a bumper. Anyone with a 2014 mind opening your fusebox and looking for a fuse in position 7? I'm just wondering if they put the wiring in there for the 2014s.

im not sure it works like that. the fuse box will have an slot for ACC regardless of the option being installed.
If the option was installed at the factory, a fuse will be in place.
if the option was not installed at the factory, they will not put a fuse in that location.

ive never come across a car that has a fuse in a slot for a feature that isnt actually installed. they are always left blank.

the wiring may or may not be behind the fuse box. so that goes back to the OP's question.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive never come across a car that has a fuse in a slot for a feature that isnt actually installed
My last car did. Had fuses for a sunroof that didn't exist, as well as heated seats that didn't exist.

My current LR4 has fuses for the refrigerator that doesn't exist.

If you ever want to read 40 page threads of rover tech, head over to the disco3 forums. I think everyone that has had that fuse has also had the wiring. This is only 2014+ though. My 2013 doesn't have jack for the ACC.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My last car did. Had fuses for a sunroof that didn't exist, as well as heated seats that didn't exist.

My current LR4 has fuses for the refrigerator that doesn't exist.

If you ever want to read 40 page threads of rover tech, head over to the disco3 forums. I think everyone that has had that fuse has also had the wiring. This is only 2014+ though. My 2013 doesn't have jack for the ACC.

being my first land rover, ill roll over on this one and admit defeat without trying to fight my case.

i should have thought ahead and figured that Land Rover would be unique in the electronics department. lol

carry on.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
being my first land rover, ill roll over on this one and admit defeat without trying to fight my case.

i should have thought ahead and figured that Land Rover would be unique in the electronics department. lol

carry on.

On the disco 3 forums, there's a guy with a MY2014, assigned a 2015 VIN, built on the 37th day (not a typo) of March, 2014. So they're unique with a lot of things.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volvo was famous for making on the assembly floor changes. Vin to vin. Some had a M41 transmission, others a 410

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA