2015 LR4 BRAKES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gusterson

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced pads, rotors, and sensors on LR4? Difficulty? I have about 47k miles. Don’t need yet but been towing a RV and will be doing more this summer. Wondering how hard it is and so I actually need to replace rotors/sensors same time as pads? Someone suggested it but I have replaced pads on several cars without doing rotors.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Constantly. These things et brakes. Use quality rotors (OEM, Zimmermann, Centric). Easy to do, just pricey

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a normal brake job and not any different than a Toyota Prius. The parts however could be expensive...i used the same kit from lucky8 above posted by Michael. Also those sensors are a pain in the ass to change so i just cut them and joined the wires together and taped them off...not like they do a good job at telling you when your brakes are low anyways.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced pads, rotors, and sensors on LR4? Difficulty? I have about 47k miles. Don’t need yet but been towing a RV and will be doing more this summer. Wondering how hard it is and so I actually need to replace rotors/sensors same time as pads? Someone suggested it but I have replaced pads on several cars without doing rotors.

I've done two sets on ours. It's a 2015 LUX. Still running original rotors and sensors. Heard the sensors replacement is sucks up front, so I've always beat them to the punch.

The brake job sans sensors/rotors took me under an hour both times. Easy

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced mine with EBC rotors and pads...and the sensor. Pretty damn easy. My suggestion is to make sure you have a breaker bar, a slim 17mm wrench (needs to be slim) and something to push the caliper pistons down. I bought a 5 dollar compression tool at advanced auto. Also take a look at all the hardware first (screws/bolts ) to see if anything needs replaced. I watched the video from powerfulUK first just to make sure I was doing it right. I love the brakes and rotors. So far so good.

MVIMG_20200420_142829.jpg

Graeham B

Reaction score
Is it odd that I went through my front brakes in 15k miles? Should I double check if I can reuse my front rotors?

I swear sometimes mine is a lemon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut