2015 LR4 Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took our 2015 LR4 into dealer as it threw a Check Engine light last weekend. Dealer's preliminary findings is that there is a parameter programmed in the vehicle computer software that doesn't jive with one of the sensor's range(unknown). LR has to re-program software and then re-flash it to vehicle computer. Time frame is unknown. I would expect this to be a recall item eventually.

Needless to say I was a bit upset seeing that light come on after all we have gone through this year. However, this news makes me feel better.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took our 2015 LR4 into dealer as it threw a Check Engine light last weekend. Dealer's preliminary findings is that there is a parameter programmed in the vehicle computer software that doesn't jive with one of the sensor's range(unknown). LR has to re-program software and then re-flash it to vehicle computer. Time frame is unknown. I would expect this to be a recall item eventually.

Needless to say I was a bit upset seeing that light come on after all we have gone through this year. However, this news makes me feel better.

Man, this is sad to hear. I hope they get you fixed and back up and running quickly.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vehicle is operational and dealer said there is no effect on the vehicle itself other than seeing the check engine light on. All systems are operating as they should. We are due to get it back today and will have to bring it back once LR fixes the programming. Another 2015 was brought in yesterday for the same reason.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how long did it take this error to show up?

(Getting ready to pull the trigger on a LR4)

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had the vehicle since Thanksgiving, so almost 2 months.

richardmarena

Reaction score
Check In Engine Light On New LR4

Got our new LR4 in December, driving around today and yellow check engine light is on. I am bringing it in tomorrow. It felt like the engine seemed to be working really hard , was running really loud before the light came on. Will find out more tomorrow. Disappointed it as it's only 4 weeks into the new car and didn't expect to have to deal with a service issue so soon.

KankinLR4

Reaction score
Same issue here.

Hi all, just wanted to give my experience as well, yellow check engine light came on my 2015 received day before Thanksgiving only have around 1,400k on it. Went to dealer today and they said its a software issue and that they will call me when I can bring it back to have it re-flashed. They said they went through it all and everything is ok and that it is safe to drive. That it will take a few days to maybe a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

khuddle

Reaction score
2015 LR4 check engine

My new LR4 also threw the check engine light last month after only putting 100 miles on it. Very frustrating to have a new car with an issue.

Has anyone heard an update on when this will be fixed? My dealership gives me no answer on when land rover will fix this issue.

jamievo

Reaction score
I have two week old 2015 LR4 Lux.

Today the check engine light came on. :hmpf:

Runs fine. No other issues.

Dealer said driving it shouldn't be problem. States they are booked out for a month for service. :motz::motz:

Anyone in this thread find a resolution to your issue??
Hopefully it's just programming issue.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully. See this recent TSB issued for a specific range of 2015 LR4 VINs exhibiting the CEL / MIL for no apparent reason. If the stored DTC is the same as indicated in the TSB, it appears this is indeed a diagnostic routine malfunction (aka a software bug) and you should be able to drive no problem until the dealer can apply the software patch to your ECM during your next scheduled service appointment:

https://app.box.com/s/ltgisziysazrt94g35f132zz465gdqh1

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72