2015 LR4 LUX Delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

We picked up our 15' LR4 LUX yesterday. There are a few small changes to interior / exterior trim and the obvious running board addition which is federal regulation for this model and year now.

The addition of the "Luxury" plate on the tailgate was a nice touch.

Excuse the poor photos.

Attachments

• Photo Nov 25, 3 39 44 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 25, 3 39 44 PM.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Photo Nov 25, 3 39 57 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 25, 3 39 57 PM.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 71

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sharp Waterndirt! But... Federal regulations? That's more likely a Land Rover internal "regulation", AKA they are trying to get rid of excess inventory of running boards clogging up their warehouse in the UK, before this model is discontinued next year and they are stuck with them. :biggrin:

Did you get InControl? What do you think of it?

Congratulations!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be curious about InControl as well. Also, does the MY2015 have the adaptive cruise control and if they do, did you get it and what do you think?

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sharp Waterndirt! But... Federal regulations? That's more likely a Land Rover internal "regulation", AKA they are trying to get rid of excess inventory of running boards clogging up their warehouse in the UK, before this model is discontinued next year and they are stuck with them. :biggrin:

Did you get InControl? What do you think of it?

Congratulations!

I had to sign paperwork accepting the new running boards. Has something to do with side impact collisions. The dealership is not allowed to remove them. There has to be more to this story. As you all know, the scope paperwork we sign when buying one of these things is horrendous.

As for the inControl App feature, I passed. In order to use it, one would have to plug the phone into the car. That to me is really silly.

And I passed on the Adaptive Cruise Control option based on the fact that my wife drives on side streets to get to work.

GreeN YarN

Reaction score
Looks sharp! I can't wait to pick ours up in a couple weeks (hopefully)! We went with the adaptive cruise control and inControl App so I will report back once the wife/myself has tried them.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to sign paperwork accepting the new running boards. Has something to do with side impact collisions. The dealership is not allowed to remove them. There has to be more to this story...

That sounds dubious at best. Those flimsy things are going to fold like a leaf on a side impact collision.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations.
I personally do not like those running boards.
It is the first time I heard about fed. regulations.
I wish those regulations required compomotive wheels and tactical rovers rock sliders.:smile:
Any interior pictures?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA