2016 LR4 Intelligent stop/start not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chiefconch

Reaction score
My LR4 was involved in a hit and run and the entire drivers door had to be replaced. Now the ECO intelligent stop/start is not working. I'm able to press the button and the display will say it's off, then I press it again and it says on, but it won't automatically shutoff at stops etc etc. While most people would enjoy this, I find it kind of odd and plan on calling the body shop tomorrow.

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange, I just noticed mine also is not working anymore. Also a 2016. Noticed it while driving today. Same as you, hitting the button does toggle on/off but nothing changes. Im ok if it stays like this.

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
I had the same thing just occur. The dealer "reset" it and it's back to normal. While it's not a favorite feature of mine, I certainly wanted to address it should it be a symptom of something more serious. It's back to normal now.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate the feature. Just got my truck and breaking it in properly (I am old school when it comes to that :) And the Handbook as well asks me to take it easy for the first 2000 miles), so I dont think its good to have it on during the break in period as it maybe putting more and unnecessary stress on the starter or other components, etc.

Plus, I've noticed that the restart is not really that smooth and you feel a slight **** forward, its little but still shouldnt be there.

fishjump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate it too, but you better get used to it. My understanding is that this will be DOT requirement on all new cars starting 2018 (with no ability to disable).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV