2018 HSE TD6 brake controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruholm

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2018 HSE TD6 with the towing package. It does not have the grey break control plug under the dash panel by the brake peddle. Would it be anywhere else? I was a little surprised not to see one.

Last edited:

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2018 HSE TD6 with the towing package. It does not have the grey break control plug under the dash by the brake peddle. Would it be anywhere else? I was a little surprised not to see one.

It's behind the cover above the brake pedal. See

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a redarc in my 2017 HSE lux gasser with the tow package and the plug was up there. I needed to remove the plastic covering from the underside of the dash in order to get my hand up in there to fit it. Look for it on the right side of the pedal up into the dash.

Ruholm

Reaction score
I just installed a redarc in my 2017 HSE lux gasser with the tow package and the plug was up there. I needed to remove the plastic covering from the underside of the dash in order to get my hand up in there to fit it. Look for it on the right side of the pedal up into the dash.
I did do that and nothing was there. Looked all around as well as felt all around. Even over by the gas pedal. Might as the dealer about it when I bring it in next week.

D5Basecamp20X

Reaction score
I was trying to do the same thing as you Ruholm and I could not find it. I took it to a hitch shop and they did find it and installed the brake controller. Its just really hard to locate. And that video above tells you the right adapter to get for the plug. I have a 2018 TD6 HSE also.

Shoshone

Reaction score
For what it's worth, here is a pic of mine; 2011 Range Rover. It was on the left side, tucked into the bulkhead. It was not visible just looking up there. I took the dash apart except the air bag looking for it. Worth the effort, using the Ford style adapter the controller was plug and play.

Attachments

• 20220130_145328.jpg
    20220130_145328.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 52

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV