2019 Disco 5 Towing Package - Dealer Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XUKDJ

Reaction score
Hi,
I purchased a new D5 HSE in May and as it did not have the factory installed tow package I had the dealer add it before i took delivery. The cost was around $2K but it did include the new bumper with the cut out.

My question is around the standard towing features. The Hitch Assist to help backup to the trailer and the trailer stabilization are shown as standard with the towing package but there is nothing ti indicate they are active on my vehicle. I should mention that I am aware of the Advanced Tow Package which lets you control the direction of the trailer from the off road controller - but this is an option and not installed.

The dealer insists that this is not available on my vehicle and the JLR corporate folks just keep referring me to the dealer. I have tried multiple dealerships without any resolution.

Does anybody know if this is fact true, and that adding a tow package at the dealership does not enable those standard towing functions? Or is it more of my thoughts that they just need to be enabled in the computer - which is exactly what they did when I had the package added to me 2010 LR4?

Thanks

XUKDJ

Reaction score
Just to close the loop on this thread, I was finally able to get this resolved.

I contacted JLR Corporate they confirmed that the changes had to be done on the Rear Camera not as part of the Towing package.

I advised my dealer of this but they still were not able to get this resolved.

I contacted another dealer out of my area in Atlanta where I assumed they did more towing vehicles and they confirmed the steps to complete the activation.

After this, and a fourth visit to my dealer, they were able to activate the Hitch Assist and confirmed that Tow Assist and Trailer Stability Assist are active.

Apparently, the documentation is not very clear - hence the issue from their side. My concern is that if I had not been as pushy as I am I would have been sent away from the dealership without these useful features enabled and have a negative experience with my vehicle.

Now, off to tow my trailer!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72