2019 Discovery Ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sliksunny

Reaction score
I ordered a 2019 Discovery on 9/25 from Landrover DFW. Intially delivery was set up for around 2/25. In November the dealer told us its going to be March delivery now. I requested a update yesterday and was told by the dealer that they are not producing any 2019s and he doesn't have the ETA on the car orders and for us to buy a 2018. I don't want a 2018 as the exact vehicle with the features i want with the options is not available out there and i think the dealer is trying to play us into purchasing a 2018. The dealer is basically told us they will refund our deposit so screw yourself after waiting all this time. Any one else know anything more on the 2019 Discoveries? I am now in a rental vehicle till the my vehicle arrives and don't know how long to wait!

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover is showing there are currently 666 2019 Discovery's in the US:
Discovery (666)
HSE (326)
HSE Luxury (114)
SE (225)

However, they are about to switch production from the UK to Slovakia, so there very well may be a brief time period where they are not taking custom orders so that they can make the move. However, if you ordered that long ago, my guess is that they did not place the order, but were just hoping to get one in that matched or one nearby they could trade-for.....

Sliksunny

Reaction score
Thanks for that information. I guess it’s a wait and see game. I have contacted Land Rover on twitter and they said someone will contact you via phone. Will update if I get anything. Thanks again.

Reaction score
I bought a leftover 18 SE about 2 months ago. The two dealers near me had about 13 of them combined. They didn't have all that many 19's. Mine stickered at $62,585 and I paid $53,000 for it. I would have preferred to get a diesel at the time but there were none around reasonably close and it was hard to pass up a $9500 discount. Very happy with the vehicle. Towed my 7000# boat with it and was very pleased with the power of the engine and the road manners while towing. So far the only Issue I've had is an alignment issue that the dealer took care of for me. Came out of a 2017 well equipped JGC trail hawk with a 5.7 HEMI V8 and I'm much more impressed by this D5. Its quicker, more powerful, tows better, has more cargo space, more back seat passenger knee/foot/headroom, transmission seems to shift much smoother (Had a ZF 8 speed in the JGC too) . Doors close better and it has less interior noise on the highway. The air suspension has much more travel and height than the Jeep had as well and will stay elevated to 50 MPH, jeep would go into aero mode at 40mph. Not to mention that the fit and finish is exceptional in comparison. As long as it doesn't become a maintenance nightmare down the road, I think I'll stay in this brand for a while.

rdrakea

Reaction score
Bought a '19 Disco HSE Lux this weekend in Atlanta. Love it! Sorry yours is delayed? There are several (dozens?) of '19s here in metro Atlanta across our 3 LR dealerships.

GM99

Reaction score
I picked up a 2019 HSE that the dealer had loaded up with options right before the New Year. As much as I hated to get rid of my '13 LR4, it is a nice change to have some newer tech inside. There seemed to be a decent amount of 2019's in the Washington DC area to choose from.

gypsy

Reaction score
I picked up a 2019 HSE that the dealer had loaded up with options right before the New Year. As much as I hated to get rid of my '13 LR4, it is a nice change to have some newer tech inside. There seemed to be a decent amount of 2019's in the Washington DC area to choose from.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on going from the '13 to the '19. I'm on the same boat...loaded 2012 lux with all options (HD/rear ent, with only 40k miles on it) and have been considering a new '19 diesel...but fear I will miss the V8.

GM99

Reaction score
I thought I would miss the '13 more, but I don't. The cargo area in the '13 with all the seats folded down is larger, but I didn't want something that I use maybe twice a year influence a vehicle that I drive everyday. The engine in the '19 is fine, yeah, I am sure a V8 would be nicer, but it is still a very capable engine with plenty of pickup. I did drive the diesel and liked how it drove better than the gas version, but there were only around 20 diesel 2019 Discovery's in the whole US back in December, so I went with gas.

The look is growing on me the more I use it and the inside is more spacious which is great. I feel like there is a slight issue with the acceleration that can hopefully be fixed with a software update as there is a pause sometimes when you go to hit the gas, but does not happen in the Sport gear, just Drive.

Overall, I am glad I made the jump. Still love the LR4, but for me, it was time to move on.

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gather that the Discovery Td6 is likely to be a sought-after vehicle in the future (I absolutely love mine).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV