2102 LR4 Front Grill Color? HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jameswalkertx

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone out there has ever seen a grill like this on a stock LR4? I am about to purchase a 2012 Fuji White LR4 HSE from an out of state dealer and I am curious about the color of the grill on this vehicle?

One other strange thing is that there is no HSE tags on the back.

CARFAX is clean so I am not sure what the deal is.

Only has 7,000 miles on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• LR4 Front End Grill.jpg
    LR4 Front End Grill.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 84
  • LR4 Grill Close Up.jpg
    LR4 Grill Close Up.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 88
  • LR4 Rear End No Decals.jpg
    LR4 Rear End No Decals.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 52
  • LR4 Rover 1.jpg
    LR4 Rover 1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 65

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like the matte black grill available through LR Centre or the UK. I can't see that well in the photo, but are the side vents also matte black and say "Discovery"?

As far as not saying HSE, it's because the previous owner de-badged the back and removed the LR4 and HSE lettering.

They may have also had the grill/vents painted at a body shop - I did that to my 2011.

If you like the color, then go for it. It looks nice.

-David

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it was modded by some kid. Its got blue bulbs in the high beams, de-badged, painted grill.

jameswalkertx

Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback. What is the name of the store you think I can find the grill at?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a not painted grille obtained after breaking the original... It's got the badge on it but plastic looks bare.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's a matte finish grille. I have the same grille. They come in various combos - black grille with black frame, black on chrome frame, etc. Pic 2 is overexposed, so the grille appears grayish.

jameswalkertx

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. You bring up a good point on the over exposed picture. That picture was throwing me off a little on the color.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72