255/55R19 Pictures! Duratrac vs. Geolandar A/T G015 vs. Terrain Contact A/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quirozson

Reaction score
So, committed to stock 19" rims for my 2011 LR4 and have already read all the forums. My practical mind says I should get the Yokohama's and the kid in me wants the Duratrac's. I've more or less ruled out Zeon LTZ's because if I go that aggressive I'm going with the Duratracs. Most driving will be on paved roads, I tow an r-pod (4000#) and cautiously drive Colorado forest roads (some with 100% jagged rock coverage) most weekends late spring-early fall

Reviews and pictures please! Lots of Duratrac & Zeon LTZ pictures, but not too many of the other options.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No experience on the LR(still have crappy toyos) but had g015s on my previous truck. Absolutely fantastic tire. Great in snow, on highway and awesome treadwear. Would get again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sense a forum search in your future. There's an entire thread on the Zeon LTZs here somewhere.

I've had mine for almost 2 years and probably around 22k miles. They are wearing fine, and aren't too noisy for a half-worn all terrain tire.

I've taken them on the trails around Ouray, and they did fine.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have also posted pics of my TerrainContact A/T’s in various threads. LMK if you have trouble finding them. I have been extremely happy with them, however, one thing you said gave me pause...

If you’ll be hanging around jagged rocks, be advised that I lost a tire to a sliced sidewall and this was on a mostly muddy wooded trail, not a traditional rock crawl scenario. I think it was a freak occurrence, but I need to put that out there. In fairness this is a risk with most tires in the larger rim sizes. The sidewalls are just more at risk.

But overall I’m a big fan of these Conti’s.

Ben Myton

Reaction score
I haven't put that many miles on my LTZs, but for my use it was hard to pass on an AT for $110/corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the duratracs. I have upwards of 40k miles on them and have used them offroad (moderate to heavy) about 20 times since purchase. They are still in good shape but definitely shows I have been offroad, I see getting another 10-20k miles on them but may not wait that long. They far exceeded my expectations. Next up, 18" wheels and 33.4" BFGs.

quirozson

Reaction score
Thanks for everybody’s replies so far. It sounds like any of these tires would be a good choice, which makes it more about which one is gonna look best! I’d love to see a picture of the G015 on a LR4. It seems to be marketed as a pretty capable off-road tire with great on the road characteristics. The terrain contact on the other hand seems to be marketed for gravel and grass.Both the Duratrac and the LTZ’s seem to be more of an off-road tire that performs well on pavement. I’ve only seen the LTZ’s for $260 a corner. If I get them for 110 that would be a no brainer.

Ben Myton

Reaction score
I’ve only seen the LTZ’s for $260 a corner. If I get them for 110 that would be a no brainer.

Sure enough, they were super discounted at Walmart for a while but it seems like the price went back up. When they were 240+ I was going to get the Geolandars for all the same reasons you are looking at them. I think they're a very good option for the price, and probably more capable in the snow than my non-rated LTZs. New rubber compounding always seems to bring improvements.

I would expect them to look somewhat subdued and I remember hearing that the 255/55/19 might have a slightly different tread pattern. Certainly not bad, just less aggressive.

055183f1838b6a8699dab4436e7cb630.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quirozson

Reaction score
Was hoping this thread would produce more pictures of the Geo's. I decided against them and am going with the Duratrac's. The 255/55R19 Geo's are constructed with a tapered side which reduces the contact point of the tread with the ground. Still looks like a beefy tire All Terrain Tire though.
IMG_3891.JPG
IMG_3892.JPG

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA