3rd party extended warranty companies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marylander

Reaction score
Hi, new here.
Can anyone suggest a 3rd party extended warranty for a 2016 discovery HSE.
Searching online, all known companies do not list this car Or brand.
Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Call Nathan in my Signature, he specializes in Rovers and offers a good Aftermarket Warranty company. I used it on 2 of my Subaru's with great success.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used First Automotive through our dealership (Land Rover of Tacoma) for our 2015 LR4 Lux. Not cheap, but we paid about $10k below market value back in 2015 when we bought the vehicle, so we aren't screaming about the $4k price tag on the aftermarket plan.

Typically, we hold vehicles for 4 to 5 years before we replace them, but there is no comparable 7-pass on the market, so our only option was to take our chances or pay for the aftermarket warranty. We have four more years of coverage, so hopefully LR will get the LWB Defender right and it will be an acceptable replacement.

afchiefw

Reaction score
Call Delta Auto Warranties... Decent prices, decent coverage. Mostly good reviews... Just like anything, if you don't follow thier rules and maintain/document your vehicle, they don't like to fulfill their end of the deal.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience, you need to buy what the dealer is selling and service it there. Then you never get questioned.

afchiefw

Reaction score
Which is fine if the dealer is offering anything, or if the dealer isn't 100+ miles away... which in my case (new to me 2011 RR with 65k miles, two hours away) they weren't. This gives those of us who fit into that another option. But yes, totally agree with your statement.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which is fine if the dealer is offering anything, or if the dealer isn't 100+ miles away... which in my case (new to me 2011 RR with 65k miles, two hours away) they weren't. This gives those of us who fit into that another option. But yes, totally agree with your statement.

Okay, here is what you should do then, call some local indy shops and ask 1) if they sell any that covers land rover and/or 2) if they take any for their land rover vehicles they service. If it's a bigger indy, chances are they've handled multiple aftermarket warranty companies. Ask them which is best, which hassles them the least. which is easiest to deal with, etc.

They want the biz, so they usually will give you the right advice,.

Crosboro

Reaction score
I'm currently discussing with Concord Auto Protect. Rates look good, and good reviews. Coverage kicks in after the manufacturer warranty expires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA