3rd Row Child Car Seats - Need Advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notabearish1

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am planning to purchase our first 2008 LR3 HSE on Thursday and did a lot of research (thanks to all of these detailed threads). However, I am not sure if I get a clear understanding regarding the safety of placing a 4 year old in a car seat in the 3rd row. Does the LR3 manual make any comments about this? Is it safe to place a car seat back there?

Your responses are kindly appreciated!

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am planning to purchase our first 2008 LR3 HSE on Thursday and did a lot of research (thanks to all of these detailed threads). However, I am not sure if I get a clear understanding regarding the safety of placing a 4 year old in a car seat in the 3rd row. Does the LR3 manual make any comments about this? Is it safe to place a car seat back there?

Your responses are kindly appreciated!

There r provisions to putting booster and car seats in the third row. Just not the latch system. There r anchors over the top that connect behind the third seat. There was just a thread posted on some one who did this with both seats. Hope this helps.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per joecool's comments, there are anchors for tethering the head restraint strap hidden just under the floor to the outboard side tucked slightly under the rear floor overhang - I missed them initially and was scratching my head... You will need to use seatbelts and a seatbelt locking clip (the "H" shaped peice of metal) to secure them.

I'm not really fond of doing so, but I have loaded up the truck with 4 car seats in the past...

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is safe to put them back there. You don't need the h clip
You can just pull the seat belt out all the way and it will self lock as you
Tighten it

notabearish1

Reaction score
After installing both car seats I noticed it not an issue at all. Thanks for the replies!

RobertColunga

Banned
Reaction score
i just got my new car seat from a nearby car parts and accessories shop here... Actually, I was also thinking of putting it at the third row but I read an article that it is not an ideal location for a child safety seat. It is said that the best placement for it is in the 2nd row. Since 2nd rows are farther away from a point of impact in a front or rear collision and the middle second row seat is the absolute preferred placement.

Last edited:

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 8 year old and a 3 year old and they like to sit in the 3rd row and with 8 air bags and a steel safety cage I don't worry about it much. I know the middle is probably the safest place but that pretty much goes for anything doesn't it? Planes, trains..etc...

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inertia belts typically tighten on impact, or hard yank.
I don't think they tighten when pulled or adjusted slowly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA