4-Wheel Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donarba

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me roughly how much I should expect to pay for a 4-wheel alignment from the LR dealership?

Thanks

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 2 years ago it was up to $129.99 at my local dealer (from $99 about 5 years ago), so by now I bet it is closer to $149.99, but it can vary by region as well.

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in Houston is running about $180 at dealers.

donarba

Reaction score
Thanks. Appreciate the info. Potholes have wrecked my alignment. Brand new tires only 4 months old are nearly shot in the front

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I had my front control arms replaced I took mine to the local Firestone on my mechanic's recommendation. They were able to get it well within spec for $79.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the alignment issues. I've had nothing but alignment issues since the 2.5" lift rods were installed. Firestone ($150) and Goodyear service centers ($150 after firestone price match) are you're best bet to get unlimited lifetime alignments.

I initially had firestone and went back 5 times within a few months to different shops to fix my alignment. The problem is our air suspension adjusting while stationary. Rear or front will drop an inch or so, with our without it running. I even had it ON for an hour while firestone aligned it, and its still no good.

Goodyear happened to have an opening on my busy day and I didn't want to deal with firestone taking over an hour to align it, so I paid the $150 for the (30 min job) lifetime alignment. This go around I had my gap iidtool and set it to tight tolerances. Little to say, it was the best alignment ever.

Gap iidtool definitely was worth the money in troubleshooting, reading/clearing faults, ride height adjustment, clearing adaptions, updating ecus, and alignments.

That's just my 2 cents.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone thought about establishing "their"normal driving ride height, taking measurements at all four corners?
Fabricating and installing four struts that will hold up the body (frame, what frame?) to spindle hubs preventing air bag (computer?) bleed down?
A properly built suspension maintains proper toe-in, caster and camber throughout normal suspension travel.
I bet bump steer is another problem hidden behind power steering assist strength after adding wider with different offset wheel and tyre "improvements"
Investing in camber and caster plus toe-in alignment tools pay for themselves with longer tyre life vs frequent replacements.
Michelin 255/65-16 are not cheap in my book for the 95 D1, I know it's called an "antique POS" but 142K normal DIY scheduled maintenance is rather cheap.

.....~~=o&o>.....

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any harm in getting LR3/4 alignment done at a local tire shop vs the stealerships?

Also, when I first got my LR3 back in '06, I remember there was revised set of alignment specs issued by LR due to people complaining about rear (or maybe fronts too) wearing out too soon on the inside edges due to the camber numbers. Any revised numbers for LR4s anybody here knows about?

I am guessing the old camber specs researched by the engineers were probably better for overall stability and driving dynamics, but the ****** GoodYears the trucks were being shipped with to the US market, could not handle the angles and were wearing out too quickly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV