1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5th Cracked Windshield

Discussion in 'Range Rover Evoque Forum' started by Julian Govantes, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Julian Govantes

Julian Govantes New Member

Since jan 2016 I have had 5 cracked windshields driving on I5 which is the major highway to go anywhere north and south in the Seattle area. I've replaced three windshields and was going to replace the 4th. Glad I waited because today was crack #5. Has anyone had that many cracked windshields? I've never had a cracked windshield until I got this car. I'd like to point out that all replacements were OEM.
    2016 Range Rover Evoque.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Peta

Peta New Member

Hi Julian
    I have the same problem, I have a Range Rover Sport and travel on a major highway also. I have had my car since 2018 and have now had 3 new windscreens and about to have a fourth. All my windscreen replacements were OEM and at a cost of $3,000.00 per windscreen.
    I have traveled this highway for 20years in a different car and have never had a cracked windscreen.
    I would be very interested to see if we are the only ones with this problem.

3. Kaye

Kaye New Member

I have had the same windshield problem. Today I replaced my 4th windshield on Landrover Range Rover Sport 2017. The very first vehicle that I’ve had to replace any windshield on and I’ve owned several luxury vehicles. I’ve owned the vehicle less than 2 years. It’s costed me several thousands of dollars and disputes with both my insurance company and the glass replacement company. I think there are major defects.