6 years instead of 7 year cpo warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricebin

Reaction score
I called rover dealership in Atlanta and the mentioned that their cpo warranty is only 6 years 100000 miles which doesn't seem to match the cpo described on lr website..

I was curious if anyone else has seen this and if this is still legit?

Thanks

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my CPO LR4 in January 2016, mine was 6 years from the original date of purchase, or 100k miles; whichever is sooner.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you read the fine print it is "up to 7 years".
LR offers you an additional year for purchase for around 3K, over the standard 6year CPO offering.
I just went through this with my 2017 D5

Ricebin

Reaction score
Oh your are right
It is "up" to 7 years
Do people think it is worth the extra 3k for the extra year?
Thanks

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it unless I expected to put a ton of miles on that 7th year.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 6-year CPO just ended on December 31. If had the choice, I wouldn't pay $3k for another year. Of the things that typically go wrong in a 2012 or earlier LR4, I had the biggest ticket items replaced under warranty (timing chain guides, compressor, crossover pipe). In fact, up until the timing chains were done in the middle of December, I figured I was at a net loss if I considered I probably paid $3k more for my LR4 than a comparable one that was not under CPO warranty.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Of the things that typically go wrong in a 2012 or earlier LR4, I had the biggest ticket items replaced under warranty (timing chain guides, compressor, crossover pipe).[/QUOTE]

Good play on your part having big ticket items taken care of before your warranty expired.
The other thing is go in once not several different times which dealerships like with them nailing you on those "copay fees" as they add up over the years rather quickly.
Besides LR's warranty or CPO has anyone looked into private not LR's extended warranty coverage?
My 95 D1 was sold by private party at end of 5/60K miles on 1-2000 which had 7/100K mile coverage fully paid by the PO allowing me two years to get several things corrected. During those two years it cost me $600 in copay in return costing Western General over $13,000 in repair plus parts replacements. During winter when work was slow the dealership was happy to write up and take care of the problems keeping their techs employed. Dealership jacked up the 3.9 engine to a point that Western General requiring a engine short block replacement. I saved Western General a lot of money by having dealership install a factory new 4.6 short block vs locating another POS 3.9 short block. A big win and upgrade for me. Over the years following, Western General they will not cover LR's, Ferrari's or Delorean's due to expensive stainless body panels and labor involved.. I maintain coverage on Delorean......~~=o&o>......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA