93K miles update - poly bushings, Trans Pan Bracket, another exhaust leak etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw out there what i had done at 93k miles. Trans pan bracket - i thought the noise i was hearing (metal vibration) might be that, took a chance, and IT WAS! bracket had a hairline crack as per the TSB.

Thought i might need to do some bushings AGAIN...( first set at 45k) and YES, on LCA removal, the right side was blown, and the left not far behind. Did the ORANGE poly bushes, and to be honest, i don't notice a difference. Things feel tighter, smooth, and supple, as before... Didn't need the new bolt hardware that i bought just in case.

A few months back i had a bolt crack off on the exhaust headers passenger side. well, i got that fixed, then this month the exhaust leak started from the drivers side. and YUP, the same thing happened on the drivers side. Bolt Broke at the head.

Everything except Cruise control got fixed, we are still looking into that... however, today, it is working! no explanation there. hope it continues, because it is a bugger to track down that one.

I am thinking potentially - OSS or Wheel speed sensors? but it has not thrown codes, and the tranny is working fine.

Otherwise all is well in LR land.

For now!

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those exhaust manifold bolts are a pain to get to. I have all of the parts, but have not tackled it yet after aborting the driver side lol.

On an interesting note, the bolts are only tightened to 18NM. Maybe overtightened at the factory and the expansion snapped the head off?

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those exhaust manifold bolts are a pain to get to. I have all of the parts, but have not tackled it yet after aborting the driver side lol.

On an interesting note, the bolts are only tightened to 18NM. Maybe overtightened at the factory and the expansion snapped the head off?
Quite possible. My Indy said he’s never seen them do that on other autos. Another quirk we get to enjoy!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV