94 to 98 D1 front brake rotor to hub external Torx socket size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove rotors from hubs from the D1 parts stash. Can not find any where what size Torx socket they look to be unless it's a 12 point 14 mm socket instead?. I was told they were Torx hence why asking. THX in advance.....~~=o&o>.....

Last edited:

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries, found out the size it was. Dummy me mix up of sockets having Whitwourth, Metric and Yank tool rollaways too close together. Must have the only D1 on the planet and thanks for all the replies. .......~~=o&o>.......

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I would have replied, but it has been a while since my D1 decided to be hauled off to the rubbish pile for rusting out on me.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries Joey, we're all too busy these days plus getting ready for winter.
Got my hands on a 94 and 95 D1 at Pick-n-Pull yards both within 20 miles of me.
Got many items of value for my 95 D1 but can never find a 5 speed in their yards.
These solid rotors require a 14 mm 12 point socket to remove and best to machine down the socket face removing the internal chamfered edge for a better grip on those 12 point bolts.

On a sad note the 95 I went back two days later got crushed a couple hrs before my arrival.
That lot only keeps vehicles 2 to 3 weeks not a month before the crusher.
That 95 was another rollover of only 82K original miles, a well maintained vehicle. Had full burl wood trim as well every option LR ever offered. P-n-P fork lifts destroying the running boards, trar trailing arms, door bottoms. At least I got another spare distributor with amp attached, IAC, TPS, all engine sensors plus all the ABS sensors and ABS brain box. A 20AM mass meter off a RR for another 5AM to 20AM conversion for a friend's D1 4.6 but an automatic, yuk!
Will take a 26 mile road trip and chat with my friend Mike Green of West Coat British.
Another Tornado chip install project with other engine mods I have added and bounce off Mike that made my D1 a hoot to drive.

Your rusted out D1 frame I recall in the past was "yard art", hell I still have the almost jet black under seal with colored marking stick marks by the factory under the D1. Street only my special on going toy project. Next to remove 1 1/2" from the spare seat frames so I can see overhead traffic lights. ****** me off for 20 years, time to correct. Take care, Carl. ......~~=o&o>......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut