99 disco or 01??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

psav

I was hoping that someone could help me with this value equation. I am going to pick up my first Disco in a week or so and have narrowed my search down to 2 vastly different vehicles. The first is a 99 w/80K miles for roughly $12.5K. The second is an 01 w/47K miles for about $17K. I will not do a large amount of off roading other than some beaches and I only drive about 10,000 miles per year. The 99 is less up front, but may need more immediate service. The 01, though obviously more $$ up front, is still covered by the original warranty and is still eligilbe for an extended warranty to be purchased through LR. Is it worth it to spend the extra $$ for the 01?? Any advice would be a great help. Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a very personal thing, if we say to buy a '99 that we have never seen, you may not like up later, or buy the '01 for more money.... either way, we may end up being the bad guys...

I recommend getting the one you are happy with. If you do any of your mechanical stuff yourself, then this web site will help you and the '99 may be the best bang for the buck.

If you don't do any mechincal stuff at all, how far from the dealer are you? Have you gone to the dealer and talked to the service departement to see if you can even get along with them. Buying a vehicle with an extented warrenty means you may see them more... because your going to want to fix everything that comes up.

Have you driven either vehicle? Which one do you like? This are more important, then any advise we can offer. Check the serpintene belts, check the hoses, look for leaks (that way you can offer less money) Does everything work? Do you know anyone who is a Land Rover enthusiast that can go with you and look the vehicle over?

Hope this helps,

D

disco1

I agree with Joey. These type of posts are the most difficult to answer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut