ABS SENSORS, O2 SENSOR, LR OEM TAIL LIGHTS, and BRAKE SWITCH REPLACED...still have the 3 amigos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WASHUNTON509

Reaction score
I’ve read threads, replaced parts, checked wire contacts, cried, laughed, etc. I’m up to my wits ends! It all started with the 3 amigos showing up on my instrument panel, I plugged my OBD2 and code p0500 and other small read outs such as a key fob 2 battery low. I’ve traveled from the sun roof down to the floor board hoping to find anything to get me on track to resolve my issue.
Again, from OEM taillights, O2 sensors, ABS SENSORS, BRAKE SENSOR, etc. being replaced I’m at a halt asking for advice.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you've checked all of the wires under the front passenger seat footwell?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 Amigos is a D2 phenomenon, I thought. Are you in the right forum? If it's an LR3, what are the 3 Amigos you are referring to, specifically?

WASHUNTON509

Reaction score
LOL, I do have a LR3. Why I wrote the 3 amigos is an example of how mentally frustrating and exhausting the Land Rovers are. With all of the research that I’ve done that key phase kept coming up. I wrote it down without thinking, my bad!!
I’ve literally checked and double checked as many wires as I can find. I’ve went through all my fuses with a voltage tester and visually inspected them too. Relays are responsive, grounds are clean and sound, battery has been replaced, alternator good, etc. My power supply in other words is ideally right where it needs to be. My next task to check will be my ABS system thoroughly. If anyone has any other direction to point me in I’d be grateful.

Thanks for responding!

C4758765-165F-4A2C-8739-63D6FCC29A59.jpeg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you are plugging into your OBD2 port, but you might benefit from owning an IIDTool (by GAP Diagnostics). The Check Engine Light could be a MAF sensor or a dirty throttle body.

WASHUNTON509

Reaction score
I’ll give that a good cleaning and hope for the best. My OBDII is an icarsoft, it was updated recently or so I’m told, I’m guessing from the sounds of things purchasing the IIDTool is going to be something that I’ll have to get soon. Thanks H! I’ll post an update once I can get back to working on my LR3.

Drome

Reaction score
Have you ever had water in your pass side floor? Could be a problem . There is a video on YouTube to show how to fix that. It can corrode your fuse boxes under there where the hose runs.
Also have you changed out your battery? Works wonders on Land Rover electronic issues for some strange resson. I have an AGM battery that I have had for four years. I trickle charge it every month after the first two years. My 2014 f150 platinum still has original battery going on 5 years.

I'LL see if I can post the video on my lunch break. Building my 5 dogs a dog condo....

Found video. This address the fuse box removal.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFZiOrW6-g4&ved=2ahUKEwiOm9DByrrdAhUOn-AKHQPZDfEQwqsBMAN6BAgLEA4&usg=AOvVaw3lqJdIqCNEwCSt_paE0OZK

Last edited:

rally3

Reaction score
Also check your brake fluid level, If low the ABS/traction control/stability control will not be happy, as it does not know how low and if it can perform its functions properly.

[email protected]

Reaction score
In my humble opinion I would 1 check the alternator, 2 check the battery. In my experience LR3 are weird about the electrical. Autozone has the best gear to check this because my friend designed the equipment. Past that in Denver Co we have a company that all they do is check Automobile computers for local and independent shops that don't want to carry the expense of all the automobile computers on the market. These guys only do Automobile central computer electrical work. Down to the point where I installed O2 sensors that my computer didn't like so it kept throwing the 02 code. These guys went in to the computer and adjusted the LR3 computer's O2 value setting higher to stop tripping the yellow dash board light. The Rover has passed emission for the last 3 years with no problems...Look for these type of guys to diagnose the problem. You need a Doctor at this point instead of guessing at potential problems.

baxsoft

Reaction score
.....I finally got it down to the speed sensor on the rear offside wheel. The 3 amigos plus the height would not raise on suspension. The wire could be damaged or the sensor damaged and it could be any wheel, of course among other reasons.....good luck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut