Add seat memory?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BriComp

Reaction score
I absolutely love everything about my 2015 LR4 HSE with the exception of...the lack of seat memory. My wife is 10" shorter than me and for such an awesome expensive truck, seat memory is a lacking feature. Obviously it was an option and on the LUX but I am curious if anyone knows if it can be added? Are the wires and all required in the door and ready to go (like the tow hitch wiring being nearly all there)? Is this a standard upgrade that others have done?

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love everything about my 2015 LR4 HSE with the exception of...the lack of seat memory. My wife is 10" shorter than me and for such an awesome expensive truck, seat memory is a lacking feature. Obviously it was an option and on the LUX but I am curious if anyone knows if it can be added? Are the wires and all required in the door and ready to go (like the tow hitch wiring being nearly all there)? Is this a standard upgrade that others have done?

I actually do remember a post about retrofitting this and installing a new switch on the door? Can't recall if it required an ECU flash or not. I may be mistaken but a quick search should turn something up. I'd be curious about it too for my '13 HSE.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There was a thread on here a year or two back that talked about it. I remember some initial debate as to whether the brains were in all HSEs and some just needed the inputs. If you search for a bit, I bet you'll find it.

EDIT: Great minds, @cperez

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a thread on here a year or two back that talked about it. I remember some initial debate as to whether the brains were in all HSEs and some just needed the inputs. If you search for a bit, I bet you'll find it.

EDIT: Great minds, @cperez

Ryan, if memory serves, someone got it to work. It may have required a particular model or model year, but I remember thinking "hmm, pretty cool."

I then remember thinking and maybe even commenting: "Not that I'm interested in anyone else's ass being in MYowndamn seat..."

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seat memory feature was the exact reason we ended-up ordering an HSE-LUX. I can see nicer leather, the center console refrigerator and a better sound system being "luxury" items. But seat memory should have been standard on all models - like power windows.

eli4x4

Reaction score
The seat memory feature was the exact reason we ended-up ordering an HSE-LUX. I can see nicer leather, the center console refrigerator and a better sound system being "luxury" items. But seat memory should have been standard on all models - like power windows.
I Agree.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut