Adding Trailer Brake Controller to 2019 Disco 5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XUKDJ

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anybody tell me if my 2019 Disco 5 will have the wiring connections for a trailer brake controller?

My vehicle did not have the tow package at the factory, I had it added by the dealer before delivery.

My LR4 had it under the steering column but I cannot find it on the new Disco 5.

Thanks

nhskibm

Reaction score
Yes, it's up by above the pedals. It's the same ford connector you used in your LR4 you just have to add the connector yourself (plug and play). If I have time later today I can try to grab a pic.

XUKDJ

Reaction score
Excellent news, thank you!

If you do have a picture I would be grateful, and any tips regarding the removal of the panels, if necessary, would also be appreciated. I only got as far as taking out the lower panel and looking up into the space behind the steering column. The LR4 open up on a hinge but I didn't see that in the 2019.

Thanks again!

XUKDJ

Reaction score
I just wanted to close the loop on this thread and thanks to all who responded.

This turned out to be a lot easier than I first thought, I was looking in the wrong place for the harness plug.

This video on YouTube helped to clarify and point me int eh right direction.

nhskibm

Reaction score
Yup, that's the one. Sorry, I'm in the lucky zone of being swamped with work and never got to taking a pic. Note that I do just roll up the cord and shove it up above the plastic housing when driving without towing. Never had an issue with the cord falling down. So then I just leave the brake controller in the map pocket otherwise.

XUKDJ

Reaction score
Thanks, good tip: I have an extra bracket and cable being delivered this week (I hope) so I can finally get the installation done while I have time.

I am pleased your able to stay busy, I work out of New York but managed to get out on March 13th so i am also keeping busy remotely from Maryland.

We are the lucky ones!

Stay safe and thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72