Advice on LR3 Intermittent Control Module Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suemo

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum but my husband was a big fan. I inherited his LR3, named Lars. Collision repair to the roof left us with intermittent false codes from the control module. Need to finally get it diagnosed and fixed. Any advice on where in the Bay Area (California) I should take it? Is there a dealership you trust with a skilled Land Rover certified tech.

Kalahari

Reaction score
Hello and welcome. I can ask around and get back to you- I used to live out there so I’m not sure who is currently the most trustworthy mechanic but I’ll look into it. I would not take it to a dealership or a chain repair shop like Meinicke etc. these type of repair shops and dealerships tend to push unnecessary repairs on you. One thing I would recommend doing is going on yelp searching under your area code the words “mechanic” and “honest” this is actually how I found my most current mechanic and I could not be happier they do honest work and don’t try to overcharge for unnecessary repairs. Make sure to read all the reviews check out what other people‘s experiences were with that mechanic. Also another thing you could do is when you see someone with a Land Rover that is not brand new ask them who they bring it to. Rover owners tend to be pretty friendly and willing to discuss repair issues and good/reliable mechanics. I wish you good luck- cheers

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can turn a wrench get the IIDTool and diagnose yourself. If you can find your Land Rover specific codes it is a big help for anyone you ask for help, to have the codes. Or for information if you take it to an indy.
Agree with all comments from Kalahari as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72