air suspension -- dumb question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My LR4 is too tall at standard height to get into my parking garage at work. Is it asking for trouble to lower it daily? I have another car that I will rotate in but I'll probably end up lowering it 3 times a week. I do plan raising it in the summer for sand driving; it won't be relegated to commuter duty.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As noted, you can lower it daily. We lower ours every day in winter to fit it in the garage with a roof box on top. D5 loaner I just had would automatically lower every time I turned it off.

I do have a yellow post-it note stuck to the dashboard that reminds us to lower it to avoid scraping the box on the garage door opening. (Which has happened a few times) Just remember to push the down button twice to lock it in access mode. If you go over a certain speed (20 mph?) it will automatically go back to normal height.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wife's Tesla has a very cool and simple GPS based height setting. Raise it once to go over a speed bump, and it never forgets to do it next time. Wish the LR did the same.

Easycool

Reaction score
This morning I came out to find the rear of my daughter's 2007 Range Rover HSE lowered to the bump stops. The front was Ok. This is my 1st RR, so I have no experience with this vehicle. Can anyone please point me the right direction on how best to troubleshoot this issue? A few minutes after starting the vehicle, the compressor will pump up the rear suspension and then all is good throughout the day. It appears that the system leaks down over night. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Easycool

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the valve block.
This morning I came out to find the rear of my daughter's 2007 Range Rover HSE lowered to the bump stops. The front was Ok. This is my 1st RR, so I have no experience with this vehicle. Can anyone please point me the right direction on how best to troubleshoot this issue? A few minutes after starting the vehicle, the compressor will pump up the rear suspension and then all is good throughout the day. It appears that the system leaks down over night. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Easycool

If the entire rear is low, and not just one side or the other, it's probably the valve block--at least, that's what I would guess it is on an LR3/LR4. Search for how to replace or rebuild one in the Range Rover forum. It's not too hard of a job.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search and it looks like the valve block might be different on a RR than on a LR3/4. You might post the same question there, but I'm still betting that the valve block is a good place to start.

Kurt van

Reaction score
Valve block for sure also it's designed to fail and will do it often. Anyone disagree is a liar or does not have a range rover..lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut