Air suspension & fuel rail - 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZoomD

Reaction score
Hey, hi, thanks for looking.. as the title states, this is regarding a 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4L.

My questions are: are the "air suspension shock struts" on Amazon and eBay decent quality (here's an example: shorturl.at/aoX12)? More specifically, I notice that the mechanic has the price of one being ~$575. Atlantic British has one at ~$400. Then, there's the $200 ones from Amazon and eBay . Anyone have any experience with the $200 pieces/assemblies?

As for the fuel rail: the mechanic is saying that a driver's side fuel rail pressure regulator is leaking fuel (which, I've been smelling fuel for some time now). They said that the regulator CAN NOT be replaced separately. The entire fuel rail must be replaced, supposedly. They've priced a new fuel rail at ~$3,500 which is friggin' preposterous and ridiculous, to put it nicely. I see that there are used rails for sale on eBay for ~$50. Anyone have any insight and/or experience with the fuel rail and the regulators?

Thanks a lot for any replies and insight. Cheers.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arnott makes good ones: you can look here and search for pricing based on what you need.

Bilstein has some as well.

Here is price on the rail - you can compare to what the shop is charging for it to determine how much labor they are estimating...

I did not see a part number for the pressure regulator, but that does not mean it does not exist or cannot be replaced in some fashion, I am not a mechanic.

ZoomD

Reaction score
catman, thank you for the reply and links. 'Tis much appreciated.

So, do you happen to have much "fuel rail" knowledge? I think that what is being sold on eBay, for example, is the rail only, with no injectors with it (I see some are being sold "with injectors!" while some are not).

The mechanic kind of pointed to a picture of the fuel rail where the injectors are, implying that that is (also?) where the regulator/s is/are, too. Are they one in the same, I wonder.. would make sense, I suppose, as an injector is also a pressure regulator of sorts. Though, some other vehicles have separate injectors and regulators, I think. Also, I wonder if it's possible to swap injectors from one rail to another.

ZoomD

Reaction score
For anyone that may be having similar issues now or in the future... new fuel rails for sale at landrovermerriampartsdotcom and roverlandpartsdotcom, both of which are considerably less than what I was quoted!

I spoke with a gentleman at roverlandparts and from his understanding the fuel rail pressure regulator IS, in fact, built into the fuel rail and is not serviceable outside of welding, etc... The injectors are entirely separate (from regulators) and can be switched from an old rail to a new rail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV