Air suspension leak issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I’m having some issues with my air suspension bleeding down overnight. Here’s a little back info, and hopefully you can help find the little gremlin!

I updated to the AMK compressor and Arnott air shocks all the way around as well as replaced the front distribution valve block about 2 years ago. Everything has worked great up until about 2 or 3 months ago.

Recently, I assumed I had the the standard front valve block bleed down issue again and swapped out the front block...didn’t fix the problem. The next logical culprit as I noticed no air in the supply line to the front block when I disconnected it, was a failed supply line....swapped that, and also the reservoir valve block at the same time. While it helped, the truck is still bleeding down in the front...just not as bad. Aka, before the line and valve block swap it would squat down in less than an hour, but now it takes overnight.

So, in theory, the only valve block left is the rear valve block? But if that one’s bad, why would it squat in the front? Aren’t they separated by the reservoir block? Or is this another one of those weird internal leak things?

Rather than continue swapping parts, I thought I see if anyone else has run into the same issue? I mean seriously, darn near everything is less than 2 years old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This scares me knowing that I replaced my front struts with Arnott shocks. I’m guessing you already have put the suspension on off-road height pulled the fuse and listened around for air leaking out of the shocks. If it’s not that then could it be one of the air lines has a leak but I’m not expert.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did something similar except when I put it in off-road height, I ran around with a spray bottle full of soapy water and sprayed every connection....no bubbles. Which is why I’m leaning toward an internal leak, or perhaps something with the ride control module....

I do know that one of the symptoms is that when I put the vehicle in Off road height, it’s all good, but going back down to normal height the system gets confused and says it’s in “extended ride height mode” until I lower it to access height, then it “unconfuses” itself and I can return to normal ride height with no issues. It’s weird....

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like the work you did on the front made a difference. particularly the replacement of the reservoir valve block. double check your install. make sure there are no leaks at the area.

it must have something to do with that, unless you had 2 separate issues.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I’m gonna have to go back and look....there’s got to be a line leaking somewhere.

Unless there’s some sort of weird internal leak with the compressor....but that sounds odd to me.

I’ll have it back in the garage tomorrow and take a look! (Slammed today).

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not exactly relating to the problem experienced by Tapps33 but may be of interest to guys who use their D4's for serious offroad work. In past threads on the forum several guys have advised that they've bought
or were looking at the Emergency air-up fix available from Aussie company Green Oval Experience based in Perth Western Australia. That system enables failed air suspensions to be temporarily "fixed" getting the vehicle out of real trouble. From all accounts it is a system that works well & provides peace of mind when offroading in remote locations far from mechanical assistance.
Two years ago I had a very bad experience when dealing with that company regarding non-delivery of
Compomotive wheels & body protection gear. I'd had to pay up-front with order & when nothing arrived
5 months later I took action via PayPal & received a full refund. I eventually got my wheels (nothing else)
but that's another long story.
Green Oval Experience (GOE) in July this year faced court in Perth & were fined AUD$10,000- plus costs & made to pay approx. AUD$16,000 to around a dozen unhappy customers. The W.A. consumer affairs
agency have now advised potential customers to be wary of any dealings with that business. GOE are no
longer a dealer for the U.K.'s Compomotive Wheels.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not exactly relating to the problem experienced by Tapps33 but may be of interest to guys who use their D4's for serious offroad work. In past threads on the forum several guys have advised that they've bought
or were looking at the Emergency air-up fix available from Aussie company Green Oval Experience based in Perth Western Australia. That system enables failed air suspensions to be temporarily "fixed" getting the vehicle out of real trouble. From all accounts it is a system that works well & provides peace of mind when offroading in remote locations far from mechanical assistance.
Two years ago I had a very bad experience when dealing with that company regarding non-delivery of
Compomotive wheels & body protection gear. I'd had to pay up-front with order & when nothing arrived
5 months later I took action via PayPal & received a full refund. I eventually got my wheels (nothing else)
but that's another long story.
Green Oval Experience (GOE) in July this year faced court in Perth & were fined AUD$10,000- plus costs & made to pay approx. AUD$16,000 to around a dozen unhappy customers. The W.A. consumer affairs
agency have now advised potential customers to be wary of any dealings with that business. GOE are no
longer a dealer for the U.K.'s Compomotive Wheels.

I remember reading your story. I ordered their adjustable rods and the emergency air kit years ago and had no issues though.

For anyone looking to replicate the air kit, it is entirely possible to source the parts and replicate it yourself.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day avslash - It's good to see that action was finally taken after two years of angst for a lot of guys. I
solved my problem with my own investigation & with the help of Industry folks in Perth. But too many were not successful & lost money. GOE's problems only seemed to start in mid-2018. The judge in the case described the company owner as "running a Ponzi scheme".
If I go ahead with an emergency air-up system I know I can obtain everything needed here, but I guess
I live in the hope that my air suspension doesn't fail me at the worst possible time. I had APT Offroad in Brisbane fit their compressor & air-tank guards in July 2019 after GOE failed to supply the paid-for compressor guard in 2018.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @RobRover88! Any chance you can give a brief description of the emergency air system/setup?

As some or who’s had a compressor fail before, I’m curious as to how this emergency system works. FYI, riding around town on the “stops” is not fun....especially when it takes over a week for the new compressor to arrive!

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day avslash - It's good to see that action was finally taken after two years of angst for a lot of guys. I
solved my problem with my own investigation & with the help of Industry folks in Perth. But too many were not successful & lost money. GOE's problems only seemed to start in mid-2018. The judge in the case described the company owner as "running a Ponzi scheme".
If I go ahead with an emergency air-up system I know I can obtain everything needed here, but I guess
I live in the hope that my air suspension doesn't fail me at the worst possible time. I had APT Offroad in Brisbane fit their compressor & air-tank guards in July 2019 after GOE failed to supply the paid-for compressor guard in 2018.

Just dumb luck on my part, is what it sounds like. I will take it. I have been on the losing end many times. Glad you got some recompence, though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72