Air to Coil conversion but..no traction control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Green

Reaction score
Hello, newbie here! Just bought a 2007 LR3 with the Atlantic British coil conversion w/ 2" emu lift. I'm concerned I may not have traction and stability control...the seller wasn't sure. I know the EAS was flashed with the inline module that came with the kit from AB, but when I turn the Special Modes knob, the dash reads something like, "Special Modes Disabled or Off." Also when I push the DSC button on the center console nothing seems to happen. I can shift in and out of low range with no issue and I have no error lights on the dash. Does all that sound normal? I guess I suspected I'd still be able to switch between modes (i.e. grass, snow, rock, etc.) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

lr3.jpg

Reaction score
I thought I posted a reply to this already... maybe on another forum? Or maybe I forgot to hit post.

in short, I have an 05 with the Atlantic British coil over replacement with the flash/fix for the computers. I still have full DSC, terrain response is fully functional, as is traction control and hi/low transfer case function. To my knowledge, the only thing I lost was air system control... and of course the more substantial ride and handling.

eloist

Reaction score
You definitely have an issue going on. If the Terrain Response module was installed correctly with the coil kit, you should have access to all of the Terrain Response features, including hill descent.

Get that fixed, an LR3 is not an LR3 without Terrain Response.

Chris Moffitt

Reaction score
You need to contact British Atlantic. If I remember correctly, there were problems with the early flash modules. And even if the module was good, operator error could have resulted in an unsuccessful flash

James Green

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I double checked the flash module wiring. Everything seems correct. I flashed a few more times. My HDC and DSC work fine. I contacted British Atlantic. They said the issue could be any number of things unrelated to the flash... Guess my next step is find a repair shop to run diagnostics and hopefully get more detailed info on what the issue could be. I definitely want that terrain response!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV