Alarm going off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amosier23

Reaction score
Hello all,
My alarm has been going off randomly and it's becoming a real nuisance. I am not getting the "Open Hood" or "Open Bonnet" warning on the dash. I haven't checked under the hood yet, but do you have any suggestions why this may be happening?

Thanks for your help.

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back when I had that issue, the "Open Bonnet" warning only came on about 5% of the time, but it was the problem 100% of the time...

I eventually removed the sensor put a piece of foil to close the circuit plugged it in and never have had any more issues...

amosier23

Reaction score
I've never gotten that "Open Bonnet" message. It could still be that or there is something in my car that is making it go off.

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never gotten that "Open Bonnet" message. It could still be that or there is something in my car that is making it go off.

Well if it happens frequently, you can unplug the harness in about 5 seconds on the alarm switch under the passenger side bonnet latch. After that, just use a paper clip to complete the circuit in the harness plug and arm you truck. You can leave the hood open as that will complete the circuit.

If it goes off again, you know you have issues elsewhere...

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
Well if it happens frequently, you can unplug the harness in about 5 seconds on the alarm switch under the passenger side bonnet latch. After that, just use a paper clip to complete the circuit in the harness plug and arm you truck. You can leave the hood open as that will complete the circuit.

If it goes off again, you know you have issues elsewhere...

That's very valuable advice. I'm gonna remember that incase this happens to me one day.

Madisonlogan

Reaction score
Well this is happening the second time with your car so i think you should not take risk so please take your car to a mechanic and i think he will help you in it .

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was having that problem, too. It turns out it is fairly common. It is the hood sensor, which is mounted to the left of the hood latch as you stand looking into the engine. It is a $15.00 part and takes about 30 seconds to replace. It just snaps in and the wires just snap in as well. Don't have the dealer do it...they'll charge you $100 bucks or so...

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especially the ones that don't make any sense, even if one were vulnerable enough to try....
It's like all the auto-dial phone calls I get where you answer and they just hang up on you. What's the point???

Bily Lovec

Reaction score
I was having that problem, too. It turns out it is fairly common. It is the hood sensor, which is mounted to the left of the hood latch as you stand looking into the engine. It is a $15.00 part and takes about 30 seconds to replace. It just snaps in and the wires just snap in as well. Don't have the dealer do it...they'll charge you $100 bucks or so...

anyone have a part number ?
Im having this problem a little too often now days.

is there a way to disable the alarm until i replace the part ?

Obrigado :hello:

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, there isn't a way to disable it. Just tell your local dealer parts department that you need the hood alarm sensor. It is so quick to replace it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV