All-Terrain tire options for an HSE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

obsteve

Reaction score
I have a 2006 HSE and am looking for an all terrain tire for occasional but serious off-roading. I’ve researched the matter starting with nwoods excellent post here http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=46 and checked out some of the options for 19’’ wheels. Not much out there. I think I looked at Michelin 4x4 Dimaris, Pirelli Scopion ATR, and Hankook Ventus AS but didn’t see anything that looked like a durable off road tire in the same vein as the Coopers/Nittos/BFG’s. Am I wrong? Are there other options? Or do I have to bite the bullet and trade the 19’s in for 18’s?

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went through this decision making process a couple a months ago when looking for tires to go on the 19" rims. the scorpion ATRs were backordered and the goodyear MTRs were too expensive and aggressive.

after getting advice from a bunch of folks here, i bit the bullet and ended up getting a used set of 18" wheels off of ebay. long story short...i ended up with an extra set of 18" wheels off of craigslist the next week. now i have my new ebay 18s on the truck and am selling the craigslist 18s and my old RRS 19s.

anyways, i got a set off four cooper zeon LTZs installed on the 18s for $760. not great a price, but not bad. discount tire will sort of match treadepot.com where i found them the cheapest. the tires are great on the road and look sweet. we are going to a local land rover rally in a couple of weeks and i cant wait to get them off road.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did mine and went with the Pirelli Scorp. ATR's and love them!!

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went through this decision making process a couple a months ago when looking for tires to go on the 19" rims. the scorpion ATRs were backordered and the goodyear MTRs were too expensive and aggressive.

after getting advice from a bunch of folks here, i bit the bullet and ended up getting a used set of 18" wheels off of ebay. long story short...i ended up with an extra set of 18" wheels off of craigslist the next week. now i have my new ebay 18s on the truck and am selling the craigslist 18s and my old RRS 19s.

anyways, i got a set off four cooper zeon LTZs installed on the 18s for $760. not great a price, but not bad. discount tire will sort of match treadepot.com where i found them the cheapest. the tires are great on the road and look sweet. we are going to a local land rover rally in a couple of weeks and i cant wait to get them off road.

I did the same thing and traded in my 19" rims for 18's. I now run the Goodyear MT/R 275/65/R18. I have a Johnson Rod LR3 lift kit because these are 32 inch tires. Here is how they look: http: //www.johnsonrods.com Excellent tire!

roberto_fuego

Reaction score
Do you still have an extra 18 inch rim that you would sell? Im looking for a spare tire rim for my LR3.

RF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick